SASS Wire Forum

Anti-Gunners Focusing on the State Level in 2014

Colonel Dan, SASS #24025

I caught this report in the Catholic News Service just yesterday. My attention was peaked by two items: First, the gun control effort by Archbishop Thomas Wenski of Miami who is pushing this in his role as chairman of the U.S. bishops' Committee on Domestic Justice and Human Development. Bishop Wenski was the Bishop of Orlando before being assigned as Archbishop of Miami. He and I had multiple one on one exchanges over the years as I strenuously objected to his liberal views on a number of issues and I was not reluctant in letting him know how I felt and would oppose his position.

The second item that grabbed my attention was the reference to the gun controller's renewed focus at the state level and on the state legislatures. This adds great impetus to the Team SASS approach under Phase II of our national strategy. We MUST engage at the state level in as many states as possible.

In that regard, I renew my call for those so inclined to step forward as Team SASS State Directors to lead those efforts in their states.

Steel your nerve, remain resolute and soldier on...

http://www.catholicnews.com/data/stories/cns/1305326.htm?

Colonel Dan

Who is the Idaho state director?

Archived