SASS Wire Forum

"That sounds weird," I said. "I have to try it."

Subdeacon Joe

Try sweet taters, chicken, nutmeg, orange peel shavings, mushrooms, brown sugar and cream of chicken soup all dumped together in the slow cooker for about 4hrs and served over a bed of rice.

That's what Jane made for dinner. Don't know what it's called, but it shore waz good!

Try sweet taters, chicken, nutmeg, orange peel shavings, mushrooms, brown sugar and cream of chicken soup all dumped together in the slow cooker for about 4hrs and served over a bed of rice.

That's what Jane made for dinner. Don't know what it's called, but it shore waz good!

Sounds like Festive Chicken & Sweet Potato Stew to me.

And pretty tasty, too.

On my way home from work at noon (found out this morning that we were only working a half day, and got the rest off with pay!), I stopped at Safeway - well drove through the parking lot - there wasn't an empty space to be seen.

So, out again just before 5, figuring I would get there before the rush of people getting off work at 5.

N'arry a speck of breakfast sausage. "Well, SHUCKS!" says I. So I bought some ground pork and then looked up recipes for sausage. Found:

Homemade Seasoning for Breakfast Sausage

This amount is just right to mix
with 2 pounds of ground pork.

Author: Queen Of The Red Doublewide

Ingredients

• 11/2 teaspoons rubbed sage
  • ½ teaspoon thyme
  • 1 teaspoon ground pepper
  • 11/2 teaspoon sea salt
  • 11/2 teaspoon parsley flakes
  • ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
  • ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg

Instructions

1. Stir the spices together and mix
    into 2 pounds of ground pork. You can cook it right away but it tastes better
    if you refrigerate it for 3 to 24 hours to let the flavors blend together.

Seasoned it up, used my electric hand mixer to mix it all, did a little test piece in the frying pan. Good stuff, Maynard! Might not buy sausage again.

I couldn't get the sausage filled yesterday, but whenever a customer asked, I was able to go get some for them. Normally, we don't sell much red meat on Christmas Eve, but yesterday we couldn't keep up with it. I've been there 23 years and almost always closed Christmas eve and I've never seen meat sales other than hams and breakfast items sell much. Also saw a lot of out of towners shopping.

Archived