SASS Wire Forum

Six Flags in California

So...a venture capitalist, Tim Draper, is filing a proposal with the CA Attorney General to split California into 6 seperate states.

Now that's an interesting idea.....the area that is now CA would get 12 senators instead of 2...but the divisions might create better opportunities for the governments to reflect the political will of the varied population groups in the area.

What say you Left Coasters? Politely, please.

LL

Great idea, but unlikely. There has been talk for decades of splitting the state, north and south, but the south needs the water the north has and if it's divided the water will probably dry up for the southern state.

Talk, talk and more talk………coming from politicians mouths. It'll never happen in our lifetime!

Rye

Realistically, CA should be at least 4 states, 6 seems like a good number too. His divisions seem somewhat reasonable. http://video.foxbusiness.com/v/2955447023001/break-up-california-into-6-states/ Kinda plays along the geomorphic province split idea I toss out now and then.

mbgeop.gif

Need to combine a few, and split one. But in general, the differing economic/political needs of segments of CA do fall along those lines.

It won't happen, of course.

Six? I don't see that as a possibility.

Now the State of Jefferson!!!!! That I see and support. Heck, I'd probably even retire there.

Those of you who don't know what/where the Staet of Jefferson was (and maybe one day again will be) at, well use the Googly thingy.

EC

I have relatives who live in NYC. I get to hear about the people who live in the burrough of Staten Island making a bid to secede from NYC about every 5 or 6 years. This is to get out from under the NYC burden and be their own city. I heard this on an off over the last 20 years or so. It will never happen.

Archived