SASS Wire Forum

Airsoft Question

Nellie Blue #54399

I could have sworn I saw a topic about an Airsoft 1911 that you could drop the magazine on...can't seem to find the original post. Can anyone recommend one? My dad wants one to play around with.

When you are looking there are going to be types that cycle the slide via gas blow back and those that you have to rack he slide for each side also known as sprin action.

There are metal body ones and plastic

Back wheni played competitive airsoft, I got most of my stuff through red wolf airsoft.

They have a website

Pretty sweet airsoft 1911.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SnFI0K7qIuE

Ya sure, your 'dad' wants one......... :P

Fess-up :lol:

LG

I would love to have one....but he wants one really BAD! LOL

I think you saw an article in the Blue Press. The Dillon montly wish book they mail out.

It got me to wantin one too......I mean....my dad is wanting one.

C.S.

I shoot a KWA 1911. It is all metal, is a blowback model and uses a green gas rechargeable cylinder that is built into the mags. It is making winter fun with the whole basement becoming a combat course! It is a very realistic experience.

They seem to have caught on with all of the action shooting sports that use modern firearms. Top s shooters in 3GN, IDPA, USPSA, etc are using them for a step up from dry fire or down from the .22s. It would seem to me that the autoload shotgun has been the greatest chink in the airsoft armor. There one big entry was a copy of the Remington but it was apparently flawed fatally?? I am not sure why the SASS crowd was never pulled into the Airsoft market, unless it was felt that our guns would not draw in the youthful shooters as a huge secondary market???

I like the video of the 1911; the nice fellow says that the pistol "kicks like a mule". I'd like to invite him to a Wild Bunch match and put a real 1911 in his hands. I guess he'd say it kicks like a BIG mule!

Barkeep Casey beat me to it.

He likely said it better than I would've, too!

(Not surprising. I think he's younger, smarter and better looking than me!

Well, younger and smarter, anyway ...) :P

• 2 weeks later...

Soooooo.....turns out..."Santa Claus" bought me an airsoft 1911 for Christmas. LOL It wasn't the model I was drooling over, but it's the thought that counts. :D

There is one of the consistent top two or 3G world champions, Keith Garcia, that has videos out showing a practice session in his basement. A quick search of airsoft on youtube will show a world of of adults using these things as practice tools.

John, two thoughts on this Wally World/Dicks airsoft line of products. My youngest grandson just turned seventeen and he is really into the airsoft but will tell you that they are not all the same. He ridicules the stuff in ALL of the local stores and will not buy anything they sell. There seems to be two grades of stuff on the market, toys for tots to break and the higher end stuff for teenage gamers and/or adult training use. YMMV

Every air soft toy I bought for my kids was broke in a week. Save your money.

as slow hand said, you get what you pay for! I bought a high quality gun at a specialty store and have literally put 10,000 rounds through it this year with no problems.

Archived