SASS Wire Forum

Magic Piano.

Dorado

If you are ever in southern California, and if you're lucky enough to know a magician who is a member (you have to be a member or a guest), a trip to The Magic Castle over L. A. way will include a piano that knows and can play every song ever written. I have used The Tennessee Stud to stump musicians for years, but this piano took it as soon as I said the name of the song.

Marvelous entertainment (everyone who works there is a magician) and the food is wonderful.

They don't have any cute little kids, though. It's an adults only place.

40 Rod, that piano player is Dave Bourne and you're right, he is very good on the ivories. Dave was a founding member of The Lobo Rangers, a fine western harmony singing group which played together for many years, so it's no wonder you didn't stump him with "Tennessee Stud". I believe Dave is also a SASS member. I do know he's been a member of the Western Music Association since it began. -- GIT

40 Rod, that piano player is Dave Bourne and you're right, he is very good on the ivories. Dave was a founding member of The Lobo Rangers, a fine western harmony singing group which played together for many years, so it's no wonder you didn't stump him with "Tennessee Stud". I believe Dave is also a SASS member. I do know he's been a member of the Western Music Association since it began. -- GIT

He's an occasional visitor here at White Horse Ranch . . . . and he was the piano player in Swerington's Saloon in the Deadwood series.

Archived