SASS Wire Forum

Cabela's is coming to Town!

Newer, expanding big box shopping center in Hudson, MA, that already has a Lowe's and a BJ's now has a sign out front, indicating that Cabela's is going to open in the complex. That's something - the nearest Cabela's presently is in CT.

Of course, the question is, in this not-so-friendly-for-guns state, what will they carry? Will it be like Bob's, with almost nothing gun related, or will they have a full firearms section, or something in between?

Waiting with anticipation.

LL

Cabelas has supported my multi-purpose shooting club with gifts for our annual meeting for years - and they don't even have a brick and mortar store in the state. They are a good retailer to have around. When I travel to Arizona I have had items delivered to the Glendale Store to avoid shipping charges. You can backorder powder or primers from them and pickup in the local store when your order is filled without incurring shipping charges. While their prices aren't the best, avoiding shipping charges makes them an attractive option.

I do business with them all the time.

I shoot nothing but "Holy Black" and they carry all my needs expect the powder, which I get from another dealer.

But everything else…..I get from them.

And I haven't had nary a problem with them in the 10 plus years I've been dealing with them. 100 % satisfied.

Cabela's announced a store opening a few years ago in New Jersey near Giants stadium. Never started it, never opened. Rumor is the difficulty of selling firearms, which is a major part of their business. Bass Pro Shops announced, just recently, the opening of a large (200,000 sq. ft. I believe) store at a shopping center going up just off the Garden State Parkway on the south side of the Raritan River. We'll see how that goes.

Two Cabelas in Denver now....neither one anywhere near us.....still ain't been to either one, maybe one of these days. We do stop in to the Grand Junction one just about every time we're on the west slope....

We have a new Cabelas in Grandville Michigan .

Its about 3 mi from my home .

I dont know how much it helped the area .

Or how much it hurt the local sporting good stores .

I know it has cost my a few bucks :P

...our nearest Cabelas is 140 miles away in Rogers Arkansas... none in Indian Territory...

I have a really nice Cabela's in South St Louis, Mo. Been in there a couple of times. Always really busy. Haven't had the money to purchase anything from them yet........

I can't believe Cabelas didn't simply go a bit further north in TaxFree and Gun Friendly New Hampshire........What are they thinking putting a store in this God forsaken state!

I can't believe Cabelas didn't simply go a bit further north in TaxFree and Gun Friendly New Hampshire........What are they thinking putting a store in this God forsaken state!

Hey, hey...don't look a gift horse in the mouth!

Sales tax is a pass through - they take your money and pass it to the state; doesn't really cost them to collect and send.

My guess would be demographics - more money and more people in Middlesex and Worcester counties than in Hillsboro, NH

Don't worry...be happy!

LL

Archived