SASS Wire Forum

On-Line Conversations by "Terrorist"

Yesterday, on another thread, I expressed some skepticism regarding the FBI's arrest of the fellow in Wichita over an alleged plot to blow up the airport "for Al Queda".

Today, I was able to read the Federal Court criminal complaint:

www.scribd.com/doc/191354805/Criminal-Complaint-Against-Terry-L-Loewen

If these conversations are real, this guy is either scary or deluded. It's a weird read.

LL

As a very gross generalization, converts to just about any religion/sect tend to dive into the deep end. Usually nit-picking the finer points of doctrine/dogma and misinterpreting them. Unfortunately, this guy, while diving into the deep end, picked up the finer points exactly right.

What an amazingly stupid and gullible man. I've read the Koran, which is the base for Islamic law, and I don't see anything in there that advocates the killing of anyone, except in self defense or defense of islam IF UNDER ATTACK. The West DID attack islam several centuries ago. Apparently muslims can hold a grudge for quite awhile. Islam has done nothing but attack the West since the "jihad" across Africa and southern Europe, also a long time ago. I think I agree with the statement about 1.5 billion muslims rising up. Then we would know exactly which ones were the bad guys. What is it about religion that drives so many people nuts?

Sgt. John

What an amazingly stupid and gullible man. I've read the Koran, which is the base for Islamic law, and I don't see anything in there that advocates the killing of anyone, except in self defense or defense of islam IF UNDER ATTACK. The West DID attack islam several centuries ago. Apparently muslims can hold a grudge for quite awhile. Islam has done nothing but attack the West since the "jihad" across Africa and southern Europe, also a long time ago. I think I agree with the statement about 1.5 billion muslims rising up. Then we would know exactly which ones were the bad guys. What is it about religion that drives so many people nuts?

Sgt. John

You need both the Koran and the Hadith. But, there are numerous verses in the Koran that call for violence against those who will not convert. And, of course failure to convert is seen as an attack.

Also, you say, "The West DID attack Islam several centuries ago." You have that backwards. It wasn't Spain that invaded N. Africa, it was the Moors who invaded Spain. And then pushed into France (Battle of Tours, anyone?). Other than the first decade or so when Mohammed was building his army, Islam has pretty much been spread by the sword throughout its history. Crusades? The initial idea was to create safe passage for Christians to visit their sacred places in the Holy Land, at that point held by Muslims, and not have them robbed, murdered, or captured and sold as slaves.

You need both the Koran and the Hadith. But, there are numerous verses in the Koran that call for violence against those who will not convert. And, of course failure to convert is seen as an attack.

Also, you say, "The West DID attack Islam several centuries ago." You have that backwards. It wasn't Spain that invaded N. Africa, it was the Moors who invaded Spain. And then pushed into France (Battle of Tours, anyone?). Other than the first decade or so when Mohammed was building his army, Islam has pretty much been spread by the sword throughout its history. Crusades? The initial idea was to create safe passage for Christians to visit their sacred places in the Holy Land, at that point held by Muslims, and not have them robbed, murdered, or captured and sold as slaves.

Wait a minute, Joe, you're not being fair. The Children's Crusade never reached the Holy Land because its members were all robbed, murdered and/or sold into slavery long before they left Christendom. Also, the 5th(?) Crusade ended when its members decided it would be more fun to sack Constantinople. The Crusades are a two-edged sword, so to speak.

While I'm at it, in another thread you do the math and argue that Feinstein wants to sacrifice the gun rights of 100 million American gun owners because of the actions of 0.014% of their number. Lets not pull a Feinstein by doing the same thing with Muslims.

There are a lot of scary, deluded people ot there. On both sides of any issue.

Stay vigilant.

Archived