SASS Wire Forum

Merry Christmas...ARE YOU KIDDING!

Eamon Chute

No I'm not.

I was going to meet a friend last night who is in charge of her local Toys for Tots campaign and I of course had to bring some toys.

I stopped in at a local Ross Store (here on the occupied left-coast of the country) and selected a bunch of toys. For those of you who don't know, Ross stores are a discount outlet that sells last-year's and overstock items. So.....as I was checking out and paying, the young lady (looked to be in early 20's) asks if I have lots of kids. "No" says I, "these are for a Toys for Tots event." She places everything in a big bag, hands me my receipt, and says to me...........

"Merry Christmas, and God bless!"

Now THAT is what I call having the Christmas Spirit. It made my day.

EC

Don't often hear the good stories about young people these days. Especially in the media.

Thank you very much for posting this one.

It made the sun shine on a snowy winter day.

SSSHHHhhhhhh She might get fired for that if the boss finds out .

I own my business .

This time of year I tell all my Customers Marry Christmas and God bless.

Every day of the year I tell them God bless.

I just got from riding a Toys for Tots run in Nevada City Ca . 20,000 bikers, lots of toys , only greeting we're Merry Christmas and God Bless you. Seeing the kids and the good people that put this together, the bikers made me tear up and at the same time roared my Christmas Spirit and reminded me that yes there still good people out there. May God Bless you all and Merry Christmas !

I look at things a bit differently than others, both here and elsewhere. I can say without hesitation that I am not insulted when someone says "Merry Christmas" to me. I rarely get "God bless," but that does not offend me either. Why? Simple. Instead of thinking to myself that this person doesn't know about me, my beliefs, etc... I think this person is wishing me happiness. Within the context of religion, this person is wishing me well, wishing me good fortune, that my life be good and blessed. How could I be offended or insulted by those things?

And no, I don't see any problem with wishing someone else Merry Christmas, but that is a different and more lengthy story.

If I say, "Merry Christmas," I ain't kidding!!

When people wish me "Happy Holidays", I don't hold it against them or feel insulted - I've said it myself automatically in response to them often enough. I do try to avoid the automatic response and wish them "Merry Christmas!".

I often see a look of relief run across their face and get an enthusiastic "Merry Christmas to you", in response!

I have had Jewish customers wish me a Merry Christmas. It is only the liberal pc crowd that don't want to hear Merry Christmas

Oh by the way

Merry Christmas

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL AND--------GOD BLESS

Archived