SASS Wire Forum

SASS club maps

Yusta B.

This has probably been mentioned but new to me. Looking up SASS clubs from the home page tab and selecting a state, then a club - now shows a state map with that club's location. Nice time saving addition. Thanks.

It would be nice if there was a way to show all the clubs in a given area at once.

It would be nice if there was a way to show all the clubs in a given area at once.

Here are the clubs in Pennsylvania. Creating a map with drop pins locating area clubs is not that hard to do. They are easy to link and share too.

https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid=212495068532637984039.000499eb6f1153b48ec39&msa=0

Here are the clubs in Pennsylvania. Creating a map with drop pins locating area clubs is not that hard to do. They are easy to link and share too.

https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid=212495068532637984039.000499eb6f1153b48ec39&msa=0

I'm doing that in Google Earth for the Carolinas. Were planning to move there in a year or so.

Be careful about trusting the stick pins in the map to locate a club. This was brought up in a previous thread. The stick pins on the map may not locate the club. Often clubs who rent space to shoot have the home address of the original club president in SASS files and the pin is there. In our case the South Texas Pistolaros pin is about 30 miles off. Use club web sites to verify.

there are a lot of clubs on the sass club pages that no longer exist

Mississippi; If you know of any call into SASS and have them make the change. I've found them very accommodating. See you in a few weeks at the SIEGE.

Key Hay; I was excited to see that as well and I called in to ask the same question about a map with all....they said in due time that this was just a start. It will be awesome to have a map similar to Penn or Ohio as others have posted.

KK

How cool is that!

Unfortunately, only one CA club is listed. That is Rowdy Wranglers (5 Dogs). The map shows Bakersfield as their location. They are not in Bakersfield. (My guess is that is their mailing address, an officer's location.) This will be a great tool when it is updated to current clubs with accurate locations.

I suggest using this as a tool when planning trips and calling or emailing the club contact for confirmation.

Bravo to whoever thought of this!

Regards,

Allie Mo

Where you thinking about in the Carolina's?

Daughter and Son In Law are in Monroe so we want to be within 2 hours of them. Mostly will depend where I find work as a Mfg Engineer.

Archived