SASS Wire Forum

a suggestion, when you vehemently disagree....

Cheyenne Culpepper 32827

When you feel that uncontrollable urge to seriously dish someone, don't do it on the wire, send a PM, OR wait until you see them in person!

I've been there, both ways. it works much better!

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I had to order in another DELETE button for my keyboard.

Couldn't read it any more and the key was worn off to the side.

In the scheme of things in life, conversations on the SASS forums are not very high up in the priority of things I care to get excited about.

Except........Seeing Allie Mo is back!

Good advise Shy-Annie. (oops, did I say that)?

I try to type most of my post as though I was sitting at the lunch table carrying on the conversation.

I must admit that I admire Driftwood and Garrison Joe on all their post where they stay consistent with the topic and always offer good info.

And I will admit that I think Allie Mo does a good job of refraining from closing down some threads because I wouldn't be so nice. There is one runnin right now that I would have closed down a couple days ago.

..........Widder

It's been a loonnnng time since I've "fence posted" anyone...does that count?

-_-

I'll make and exception for you Wolfie,,,, sometimes I can feel your angst all the way over here!

Guest Maker-Wright

When you feel that uncontrollable urge to seriously dish someone, don't do it on the wire, send a PM, OR wait until you see them in person!

I've been there, both ways. it works much better!

Excellent advice Cheyenne.

If you like your post, you can keep your post .....PERIOD. Especially if you put it where I think it oughta be....... :ph34r:....

I'm sneakin' up on my Dead Horse Resolution for 2014.... ;)

I had to order in another DELETE button for my keyboard.

Couldn't read it any more and the key was worn off to the side.

In the scheme of things in life, conversations on the SASS forums are not very high up in the priority of things I care to get excited about.

Except........Seeing Allie Mo is back!

Thanks Cliffy! :)

I try to type most of my post as though I was sitting at the lunch table carrying on the conversation.

I must admit that I admire Driftwood and Garrison Joe on all their post where they stay consistent with the topic and always offer good info.

And I will admit that I think Allie Mo does a good job of refraining from closing down some threads because I wouldn't be so nice. There is one runnin right now that I would have closed down a couple days ago.

..........Widder

Well Widder dear,

I was taken to task at the Convention (by "just a friend" as far as authority on the Wire goes) for closing some threads too soon. So, I am trying to redefine my concept of what is out of line and be more understanding about what I construe as rude and instigating.

Regards,

Allie Mo

Most folks leave the room when I'm reading/replying on the Wire...have a tendency to "talk" to the screen for a while before hitting the "send" button. <_<

I'd been advised to shut down the computer prior to the nurse coming in to check my BP (NOT "black powder"!) during my recent incarceration. :o

Same here.

..........Widder

Some of these threads lately have been just one tent shy of being a full-blown circus.

Doesn't seem to be a shortage of clowns, though! :P

I'll say this and then shut up...

I'm thinkin' it's great that I see PaleWolf replying on posts other than

"What's the call."

By golly he is a person... :D

Rance ;)

Thinkin' that's about it.. :blush:

Oh yeah... reckon ya can send in the clowns now... :D:lol:

I'll say this and then shut up...

I'm thinkin' it's great that I see PaleWolf replying on posts other than

"What's the call."

By golly he is a person... :D

Rance ;)

Thinkin' that's about it.. :blush:

Oh yeah... reckon ya can send in the clowns now... :D:lol:

CR: ya know he's a REAL person.

Anytime you have your own nurse to check out your 'BP', you gotta be a real man ..... :o

..........Widder

Shoot...........I only post about 50% 35% 20%......OK, 10% of what I type and that has 5 revisions.

Dang......I'd have as many posts as Utah Bob and as many people upset with me as Phantom

Edited to add this:

PS: A whole lot more Black Stars

Shoot...........I only post about 50% 35% 20%......OK, 10% of what I type and that has 5 revisions.

Dang......I'd have as many posts as Utah Bob and as many people upset with me as Phantom

Edited to add this:

PS: A whole lot more Black Stars

Wyatt,

last time I talked with Phantom, he wasn't mad or upset with you at all.

;)

Actually, he's tooooo busy collecting those worthless Marlins.

:lol:

HELP ME, HELP ME ..... I'm being assimulated!

..........Widder

If you could just see and appreciate what I have in my TRASH file!!!!!!!

I type out concise, elegant, bitterly cutting essays that would reduce most to tears and then viciously bury my finger in the DELETE key.

It's not as good a posting but almost.

..........Widder

How often do all of us see posts that should be brought to the attention of the moderators (surely Allie isn't the only one?) for their review and didn't do anything?

Closing down threads isn't the only way the forums can be held to higher standards. In fact most forums consider they have failed at their moderation when that is required. Closing a thread is often a win for the poster(s) who caused it's shutdown. They often have fallen back to their last resort, claiming the other side are whiners, which is basically just trying to shut down the discussion. And what happens? They get the discussion shut down.

Help the moderators out. Reporting goes a long way to telling the moderators you're behind them. To know they're not the only person who thinks a post needs moderation is huge.

My communication line with Moderators has been very sufficient over the years, even pre Allie Mo.

Sometimes, but not always, it may be about a specific thread and/or language being used on a post.

Quite often, its been good, general conversation either thru the Wire 'PM' method or emails.

I might add, I've also created a Thread that was 'Locked' once, and partly because of me being a partaker in unfriendly attitudes.

Like ole Barney Fife says:

"Keep A Good Thought".

..........Widder

Widder,

My suggestion wasn't directed at you, but it sounds like you took it that way. Sorry. The written word is about the worst way humans communicate. Heck, I even typed so fast I called Allie, Annie.

I used your quote to illustrate my post, however. You say you've been looking at a thread that should have been closed days ago. That's a perfect example of what happens on most forums. Chances are really good that the mod(s) has missed the post that screwed that thread. If there are only one or two mods, there won't be eyes on every thread all day long, it's not possible. But if all of us report things that are starting to come loose, there is a good possibility the mess will be easier to stop or to clean up.

Forums almost always have software that raises flags to mods when posts are reported. I'm a mod on a forum that has almost 1K members logged in right now. (There are usually 3X that number of guests logged in too.) Whenever any post is reported on the 6 sub-forums of mine, I get an email if I'm not logged in. More importantly, the "paid employees" also are notified. If I'm logged in, I also get "notified" too. Mods can't be every where every minute.

It's really worthwhile for members who see trouble to help out and report it. It keeps things going along a mannerly path and makes favorite forums "family rooms" more than kindergarten playgrounds.

Archived