SASS Wire Forum

Neck Ties

Subdeacon Joe

Neckties.

Yeesh...! Evil things...! :huh:

Had over a hundred of the blasted things at one time. They were daily wear... and then I finally came to my senses and after twenty-some years bailed out of a mind- and soul-numbing career in favor of a job and a life in the country.

And then discovered they make DANDY kite tails...! :wub:

"Here ya go, Kid! Two YSL's and a Bill Blass! That'll hold 'er steady!" ^_^

With church and band gigs, I'm back into wearing them. Hardpan, I've got about four of the YSL wool type ones, a bluish grey, a grey, a burgandy, and one other,I think. Most of my ties are a solid color, I'm not too flashy a dresser <_<:blush:

Not since my wedding day! And I'm of the same mind as HTH on the subject!!!

Every clothing article that a man wears serves a practical purpose, except for the necktie. Neckties are only for decoration. I rarely wear a tie; even to church. However, I generally wear a tie with my CAS outfit so I won't look like a saddle tramp. ^_^

Every clothing article that a man wears serves a practical purpose, except for the necktie. Neckties are only for decoration. I rarely wear a tie; even to church. However, I generally wear a tie with my CAS outfit so I won't look like a saddle tramp. ^_^

How about button down collars? :D

I keep a black one for marryin's and buryin's. (A good man gone in either case, according to a friend.)

First time I had one I stood in one place for several hours until someone came by and told me I wasn't lashed to anything.

Actually, both of those statements are untrue. I have a few ties left and don't mind wearing them for once-in-a-blue-moon occasions. Just before I retired I bought an $850.00 suit and I can't stand not to get some use out of it sometimes.

Today, yes. way back in the day these were to tie your coat closed at the neck... http://www.tie-a-tie.net/blog/the-evolution-of-the-necktie/

You fail. Just saying

Geeeeezzzz.....ask a simple question about the military and neckties and get personal histories, opinions, wardrobe inventories, history of the necktie. But still no answer to my question!

Gotta love the Saloon! Bottles! Two drinks for everyone! My tab.

Geeeeezzzz.....ask a simple question about the military and neckties and get personal histories, opinions, wardrobe inventories, history of the necktie. But still no answer to my question!

Honestly, Deke, this is the Saloon! Did you really expect an answer that made any sense? Or was anywhere near on subject? Well? Didja? :D

I have no idea about military neckties. They were clip-ons when I was in. Nowadays I hardly ever see any military personnel wearing anything but combat uniforms, with the exception of the Marines, God bless em. At least they know how to represent their branch in public. (no ties with their dress blues though) ;)

They're a waste of buttons, thread, and time. Won't buy a shirt with them.

Come to think of it, the top button that chokes off the neck are also a waste of buttons, thread, and time.

I have no idea about military neckties. They were clip-ons when I was in. Nowadays I hardly ever see any military personnel wearing anything but combat uniforms, with the exception of the Marines, God bless em. At least they know how to represent their branch in public. (no ties with their dress blues though) ;)

My Class A tie was are regular I had to tie it tie. (Was that too many ties?) :P

If the top button chokes you, the shirt doesnt fit. :D

A proper gentleman should never go out without a cravat.

A proper gentleman should never go out without a cravat.

I remember on ceremonial occasions wearing a cravat in our branch color (red for ADA) with the Class B Khaki uniform.

I remember on ceremonial occasions wearing a cravat in our branch color (red for ADA) with the Class B Khaki uniform.

Yeah. An odd fashion statement.

u433.jpg

I have to wear them on the job so I've got about 75 hanging in the closet along with about a doz suits. Sometimes I wear a suit & tie 6-7 days a week.

My wife read this and reminded me that we had an attorney friend show up in court one day with a red "power tie" with almost microscopic dots on it. Didn't fool the judge, He spotted the dots as itsy-bitsy pictures of Mickey Mouse and gave friend lawyer fifteen minutes to get a proper tie and get back to court or face a contempt charge. (Judges don't got no sense of humor.)

A "friend" rescued him in the lobby by selling him a tie for $25.00... in 1980 dollars. :D

Archived