SASS Wire Forum

Henry Repeating Arms Rocks!

Michigan Slim

I know this has been said before but it aint hurtin nuthin to say it again. My son and daughter plum wore out a Henry levergun. It is my buckarettes main match rifle. It recently dumped some pins and spring during a cleaning. One Email to Henry and a week later a new firing pin spring and a retaining pin show up in the mail. No charge. I had looked all over for these parts but everyone was out of stock. It would have been a cheap fix if the parts could be found and didn't cost Henry much but I am much appreciative of the rep! The rifle was a gift to my son from my deceased father so having it running is a special thing.

Now, if I could find one of those new Winchester 73's, the Henry could rest a bit! I just came accross the funds to set her up with one. :)

Slim

I know this has been said before but it aint hurtin nuthin to say it again. My son and daughter plum wore out a Henry levergun. It is my buckarettes main match rifle. It recently dumped some pins and spring during a cleaning. One Email to Henry and a week later a new firing pin spring and a retaining pin show up in the mail. No charge. I had looked all over for these parts but everyone was out of stock. It would have been a cheap fix if the parts could be found and didn't cost Henry much but I am much appreciative of the rep! The rifle was a gift to my son from my deceased father so having it running is a special thing.

Now, if I could find one of those new Winchester 73's, the Henry could rest a bit! I just came accross the funds to set her up with one. :)

Slim

B)

GG ~ :FlagAm:

I've always had good experience with HRA customer service. If I ever need a part they send it. No fee. No questions asked. If I need repair they pay for shipping both ways.

I've always had good experience with HRA customer service. If I ever need a part they send it. No fee. No questions asked. If I need repair they pay for shipping both ways.

Henry Customer Service - IMO, the Best of Any of the Firearms Manufacturers ...

- I reload 22LR with black powder using a remake of the 1897 UMC match bullet that has an ogive wider than the commercial bullets on the market. Sent 5 different examples of these BP reloads to Henry because the chamber angle was shaving lead on the bullet bottom ... Dear Henry, Can You Help Me?

They completely engineered the chamber ramp - modified the lifter - with a new finger lever on the Golden Boy. Cost? Zero!

Turn around time was one week .... :) :) :)

For the Winchester you may want to try Ahlmanns, home of gunsmoke. They had two in stock the last time i was there

For the Winchester you may want to try Ahlmanns, home of gunsmoke. They had two in stock the last time i was there

Got one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Gunbroker. Good price compared to what I've been seeing. You will hear Kaya screaming from Minnesota when it comes in!

Henry Customer Service - IMO, the Best of Any of the Firearms Manufacturers ...

- I reload 22LR with black powder using a remake of the 1897 UMC match bullet that has an ogive wider than the commercial bullets on the market. Sent 5 different examples of these BP reloads to Henry because the chamber angle was shaving lead on the bullet bottom ... Dear Henry, Can You Help Me?

They completely engineered the chamber ramp - modified the lifter - with a new finger lever on the Golden Boy. Cost? Zero!

Turn around time was one week .... :) :) :)

Man you're hardcore........or have a lot of time on your hands.

:)

Man you're hardcore........or have a lot of time on your hands

Dan, you might say I'm hard core - Yes, 99% of my reloads for calibers 22RF to 50-70 are black powder.

The 3 of us who are reloading the 22LR's call it ... Stepping Back Into Time ;)

As for a lot of time on my hands - I can reload 50 rounds in just under 20 minutes - about one every 24 seconds excluding the time to chamfer all the case mouths and put 50 cases in a Win 209 primer tray that I use to hold the cases under the Lyman #5 dropping the powder charge. So in the aggregate about 30 minutes a box

PS: I'm also retired! :D

Ours are metal also.

And, yes Short Term, I'm ready and well practiced in getting it handed to me by my daughter......... I hope to keep getting her equipment to match her potential. Competitive little #$%$#@! Now to get her a coach. You know, a guy like Short Term..... to work with her. Dad ain't a good shooter, let alone a coach..... $^%##^&

Archived