SASS Wire Forum

IAC Norinco 1893/97 illegal for Cowboy Matches but legal for Wild Bunch matches...

Diamond_Jack

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes it does... It is a Gun that looks and functions exactly the same as shotguns available in the old west ( allowed time frame for SASS). Most of the Guns we use in SASS did not exsist in the old west, any Lever rifle chambered for 45 colt, 38/357 and 44 spec/44/mag, Rugers, etc. They look and function exactly like the origionals, SASS would have died out a long time ago if only 100% period correct Guns and ammo could be used.

The origional point was the 1911 did not exsist in the time frame that SASS uses for main match Guns and the Exposed Hammer Pump action shotgun did.

Shot with a fellow that had a Coyote Cap IAC 93/97. Great looking gun, smooth action and everthing Coyote advertised. But, it does seem to me that the magzine opening is the size of a barn door compared to a 97, just saying. I didn't see that this guy was any faster or had an advantage. I inquired as to when he would sell it to me and he said he would take care of it for me for the time being, dang! It would be a great one to have.

They are NOT weapons!!!!!!!!!!

UGH!!!!

:wacko:

???

Phantom is drawing an important distinction:

"A weapon, arm, or armament is any device used in order to inflict damage or harm to living beings, structures, or systems. Weapons are used to increase the efficacy and efficiency of activities such as crime, law enforcement, self-defense, and warfare."

We use "guns" to participate in a shooting sport, and not as "weapons." Those "guns" in another context (see above) could be used as weapons.

wow , this has been a great read , i learned a lot not only about the shotguns centered in the discussion , but also of the thinking behind the "rules" , its been fun , im not sure yet where i stand on the 93/97 exactly , i see both sides , just have not thought on it long enough yet as its my first exposure to the 93 features ,

i gotta say , these discussions are very interesting tho ,

as to "...And if any knows of a Winchester Trench gun with matching bayonette ..." i do know of these , the bayonet wont "match" it will be a remington or winchester M-1917 , made for the Model 1917 rifle , but it makes one very impressive statement

wow , this has been a great read , i learned a lot not only about the shotguns centered in the discussion , but also of the thinking behind the "rules" , its been fun , im not sure yet where i stand on the 93/97 exactly , i see both sides , just have not thought on it long enough yet as its my first exposure to the 93 features ,

i gotta say , these discussions are very interesting tho ,

as to "...And if any knows of a Winchester Trench gun with matching bayonette ..." i do know of these , the bayonet wont "match" it will be a remington or winchester M-1917 , made for the Model 1917 rifle , but it makes one very impressive statement

Yep to say matching I meant the correct bayonette for the Trench gun. And thanks....the best part about this forum is everyone has a peice to the puzzle and they all come together here. No matter how much you think you know you can pick up a little something you missed and that's great for learning and our sport.

I was at a Wild Bunch match once, and I was using my Trench gun with the bayonet attached. Everyone thought it was "really cool" and on the last stage they said, "We'll give you a 5 second bonus if you charge that paper target after you take your last shot."

So... After the last shot, I let out a blood curdling scream and charged the target, giving it a good stab and slash. When everyone stopped laughing they said, word to the effect of, "We didn't mean it about the bonus."

"I know, but it was fun."

"Yes it was!"

And then they gave me the bonus anyway.

Still finished near the bottom of the pack, but we had a lot of fun.

I was at a Wild Bunch match once, and I was using my Trench gun with the bayonet attached. Everyone thought it was "really cool" and on the last stage they said, "We'll give you a 5 second bonus if you charge that paper target after you take your last shot."

So... After the last shot, I let out a blood curdling scream and charged the target, giving it a good stab and slash. When everyone stopped laughing they said, word to the effect of, "We didn't mean it about the bonus."

"I know, but it was fun."

"Yes it was!"

And then they gave me the bonus anyway.

Still finished near the bottom of the pack, but we had a lot of fun.

Winchester Trench Gun?? Still have it?

Diamond Jack -- welcome to the fire (almost literally). If you haven't figured it out, the rules just have to be the rules. They don't have to make sense from either a historic or competitive standpoint.

Archived