SASS Wire Forum

What the bloody hell is wrong with people?

Subdeacon Joe

Pennsylvania newlyweds "just wanted to murder someone together:" police

(Reuters) - A newlywed couple in Pennsylvania killed a man whom the wife

had lured to a rendezvous though an online dating advertisement,

strangling him and stabbing him repeatedly, police said on Friday.

The pair, named as Elytte and Miranda Barbour, "just

wanted to murder someone together," Sunbury Police Corporal Brad Hare

told Reuters.

I guess nothing says "togetherness" like premeditated murder.

I know where to begin.... Nothing stops crime like execution! Someone executed will NEVER hurt another victim!!! And if we did it enough and fairly quickly it would deter someone else thinking of doing it. Or go armed everywhere its legal ( I do) protect yourself!

I know I know that execution is not PC enough for our modern society, but protecting yourself and shooting some magot is still legal, at least in the great state of Texas, is sure and immediate!

You ask when I was a LEO did I have to take cultural diversity?? Yes I did three times... cause I flunked the first 2 times!!!

The chief I worked for at the time told me to go and keep my mouth shut after flunking twice!! So, smart man that I was, I did and passed!!!!

Ok off my soap box

Tascosa

Absolutely demented. They have no place on this earth.

I've pondered the subject a bit over the years, and I have come to the conclusion that some people are simply born evil. It doesn't matter how well they are raised, there is something wrong in the "wiring" and they will do evil. In their case, Tascosa, I agree with you. While they are on this planet they are a danger, and they are wasting time, energy, resources and oxygen.

That isn't to say that all people who do wrong are born that way. I do think that many that we consider "thugs"-- no, make that many who are thugs-- would be productive if they had been raised differently and in a different environment. Of course, for many, if not most of them, by the time it is realized that there is a problem, it is too late.

Most folks in the US don't understand capital punishment from a Biblical perspective. In scripture capital punishment has 3 purposes:

1) Punishment - The least emphasized in scripture, God makes it clear that He is the one who truly punishes.

2) Deterrent - Biblical execution is immediate and public. Our "cultured" society has negated all of that with endless appeals. If the execution happens it is painless and private.

3) Cleanses Society - The main reason for execution is to cleanse and purify society. Clearly we are in trouble when we can't clean our society of people who plan and carry out heinous crimes like this couple. This country really needs some house cleaning beginning with these two!

I used to be a strong proponent of capital punishment, but not so much anymore. It’s just too

easy, a shot in the arm and permanent sleep.

In Pennsylvania life means life, let the maggots rot for the next 50 or 60 years

Personally I think anyone who deliberately kills anyone should be executed. We spend too much money housing and feeding these people for the rest of their lives. And yet they serve no useful purpose to society when we do house and feed them. But instead the ones in charge will let them appeal time and time again and then just give them a life sentence. Some will think twice if there is a chance of execution. Others may not care, but I bet it lowers the rate of killings.

I used to be a strong proponent of capital punishment, but not so much anymore. It’s just too

In Pennsylvania life means life, let the maggots rot for the next 50 or 60 years

My son works in a maximum security prison. There is no suffering there! It is an easy and comfortable life.

I know where to begin.... Nothing stops crime like execution! Someone executed will NEVER hurt another victim!!! And if we did it enough and fairly quickly it would deter someone else thinking of doing it. Or go armed everywhere its legal ( I do) protect yourself!

I know I know that execution is not PC enough for our modern society, but protecting yourself and shooting some magot is still legal, at least in the great state of Texas, is sure and immediate!

You ask when I was a LEO did I have to take cultural diversity?? Yes I did three times... cause I flunked the first 2 times!!!

The chief I worked for at the time told me to go and keep my mouth shut after flunking twice!! So, smart man that I was, I did and passed!!!!

Ok off my soap box

Tascosa

Yep!

The should have a last look at each other just before they kick the stool out from under them

Hate to say it, but the world is getting worse

I have long been a proponent of the whipping post. Set up in the middle of town, immediate and public.

Personally I think anyone who deliberately kills anyone should be executed. We spend too much money housing and feeding these people for the rest of their lives. And yet they serve no useful purpose to society when we do house and feed them. But instead the ones in charge will let them appeal time and time again and then just give them a life sentence. Some will think twice if there is a chance of execution. Others may not care, but I bet it lowers the rate of killings.

The thing is, it costs more to execute someone than to feed and house them for ife due to the appeals process. Various studies have shown that the death penalty is not particularly a deterrent. Possibly because the bad guys know it can be decades efore they throw the switch if at all. In the case of two scumbags like these two, I doubt it would have had any bearing in their diseased, evil minds. If execution is the sentence, should it be carried out immediately? How long should the appeals process be? What if subsequent evidence shows the murderer in fact didn't do it?

I don't know what the answer is. :(

We have no truth anymore. No right. No wrong. Ethics are all situational and more about not hurting someone's feelings. We have to let people live their life the way they want.

What do we expect?

Without a stong compass, people will continue to push the line of morality. We as a society need to stand firm on where that line should be and hold people accountable when they cross it.

I'll agree. There are evil people. Been evil people since the days of Cain and Able.

Our cause should be to deal with these pieces of garbage in a way that does not continue to drain the rest of us. Justice should be swift and severe in cases like this.

Who'se got a rope?

You've got to admire the efficiency of the Iraqi justice system. If you're convicted of murder, you have 30 days to make your appeal. Better make it a good one. The court reviews your appeal and if denied, you're taken out of your cell and hung. The end.

I don't know what happens if they agree with your appeal. They've never crossed that bridge. :lol:

To execute in a timely and public fashion, we need to convince more people that the punishment is deserved and appropriate; that will cut the appeals and the hand-wringing.

To convince people of the appropriateness of the punishment, we need complete, factual and vivid reporting of the details of the crime. As much as we want to protect our kids and ourselves from the gore, people need to understand how heinous and deprived these acts are, and how essential it is that these animals are efficiently removed from our society.

LL

I don't know if it would ever be a deterrent, but if sure lowers the repeat offender number.

That's true - capitol punishment is not so much a deterrent as a cure for recidivism.

I'm much more a fan of permanent incarceration in a small grey room.

SC

Yeah, Tim Mc Veigh got off easy. In the kind of cell he had, life would have been a better punishment

I think you're all looking at it from the wrong side. How many unsolved murders have there been? How many where the wrong person was arrested? convicted? Executed?

I believe that most people who murder, figure they will never be caught. Why should they be concerned with the death penalty? If they are not caught, they can't go to the death chamber. "Those people who did get convicted, well they did not commit the perfect crime. I will, and I can't be charged."

Life sentences should be manditory hard labor. Up at sunrise and into some sort of strenuous labor until noon. a thirty minute break to feed a minimal lunch and back to work. Even if it is only moving some heavy object from point A to point B and back again, over and over until dark. Then feed them and return them to a cell where they can think about why they are where they are or sleep. Repeat until they can no longer do that task and then find another that they CAN do until they cast off this mortal shell!! No TV, no recreation hall, no social time. A short reprieve on Sunday, (or whatever their day to worship is) one hour, and then back to work. Road gangs and labor crews if there is a project that need cheap labor. Armed guards that know what their job is and are encouraged to do it right.

All other prison terms for lesser offenses are dealt with in like fashion. Do the crime? Do the time.

When appeals are settled in capital cases, put 'em down right now!!

Bring back public hanging!!! Heck, make it a pay-per-view event and give the money raised to the victim's family! :ph34r:

I'm really undecided on the death penalty. I used to be for it. But now, with so many people over the past couple of years being exonerated because of new evidence, DNA evidence,or recanted testimony I can't really support it now.

I guess if there is zero doubt about the guilt, like the thug in Aurora CO, I could support it on a case by case basis. But it's kind of hard to overturn a hanging, ya know?

( Caught red handed ), <_< allow option to all adult male members of victims family the right to end the perp in anyway they wish!!!

Televised at 9:00 pm no charge!!! This case, strangle and stab seems appropriate. At least they could die together, then their wish comes full circle. KILL TOGETHER--DIE TOGETHER... bet they wished they had picked another way to do it!!!!!! ;)

My father 78 yrs young, always said you can teach anyone, or anything, no matter how mentally challanged or vicious, it, or they may be!

Noonbell rings, wiffle ball bat to the face, won't be long, they will learn to duck when the bell rings... ;)

Spades H. Heck worked on me!!!!! :blink: Was that a bell!!!! :unsure:

( Caught red handed ), <_< allow option to all adult male members of victims family the right to end the perp in anyway they wish!!!

Televised at 9:00 pm no charge!!! This case, strangle and stab seems appropriate. At least they could die together, then their wish comes full circle. KILL TOGETHER--DIE TOGETHER... bet they wished they had picked another way to do it!!!!!! ;)

My father 78 yrs young, always said you can teach anyone, or anything, no matter how mentally challanged or vicious, it, or they may be!

Noonbell rings, wiffle ball bat to the face, won't be long, they will learn to duck when the bell rings... ;)

Spades H. Heck worked on me!!!!! :blink: Was that a bell!!!! :unsure:

Why limit it to males? Females can get pretty inventive.

I've always thought that if execution was the sentence, the defense should have half an hour for any appeal to be submitted and reviewed by the trial judge. At the end of the half hour, if the appeal is not granted, the guilty party/parties are taken out on the courthouse steps and a bullet(s) put thru their brain - open to the public and televised by any station who will air the footage unedited.

Yes, there will be mistakes made. Learn from them and move on.

Sorry, but I'm in an especially unforgiving mood today. Anniversaries of some events will do that to ya.

Archived