SASS Wire Forum

COLT SAA 3RD GEN CONSEC SER# ENGRAVED 7.5"

These will make someone really happy Christmas morning. 38/357 Consecutive serial numbers. Engraved by Aspen Filly. Action work by the one and only Wes Fargo. 7

PRICE: $3287

I'll ship to your FFL. I have an FFL so no problem.

I'd consider trades for a Daniel Defense or LWRC twisted fluted barrel 16" or less... with all the trimmin's and some boot.

And maybe...just maybe a really nice Colt Gov't 380 acp and some lots of boot.

and maybe ...just maybe a really nice Kimber 1911... and some lots of boot.

and maybe ...just maybe a really nice 4.5" Colt SAA in 45 LC for a backup....don't really need it but I'd think on it.

I haven't shot these in over 5 years. I started with them. Got into Classic Cowboy and only shoot the 45LC now.

Anyway, they're going to go. Let's hear it watcha got in mind. I'm looking to make someone (mostly me) a really happy boy Christmas morning.

Got a dandy holster rig by Circle KB in Idaho that fits them pretty, too. 44" to the middle hole. $785 new. MAKE OFFER

Got a dandy matching shotgun belt by Circle KB in Idaho. $135 new MAKE OFFER

Want the whole "MAKE DADDY HAPPY" enchilada? Come on! Cash talks......

DSCN0973_zps05271ad1.jpg

DSCN0972_zps8ea2192a.jpg

DSCN0971_zps9cecb55b.jpg

DSCN0106_zpsef5768c0.jpg

Posted · Hidden by Doc Faraday, SASS #5749, December 19, 2013 - Trying to remove the controversy
Hidden by Doc Faraday, SASS #5749, December 19, 2013 - Trying to remove the controversy

Really, the only thing that is engraved is the barrels and the cylinders and trigger guards are beat up. I have a fairly rare Kimber high polish stainless 38 super with plenty of mags and lots of Remington ammo. but we would have to get a lot closer based on my comments. Think about it and let me know.

Posted · Hidden by Doc Faraday, SASS #5749, December 19, 2013 - Trying to remove the controversy
Hidden by Doc Faraday, SASS #5749, December 19, 2013 - Trying to remove the controversy

Pass...thanks...they're 3rd gen Colts tuned to shoot...not safe queens. Nice style...bash a guy's post and then try to own them. Nothing to think about...

Believe me Brother King Buffalo Nichols isn't one you would want to waste your time doing business with been there done that drove an hour to met him one time for him to back out of the deal after he had already received a ton of pictures showing what he was getting. He degrades what you have and expects something for nothing. He pretty much expects you to sale your gun for half of what it is worth. If I never run across this jerk again will be non too soon.

:FlagAm: Isn't it nice that the holiday season brings out the best of folk, even the cowboys here on the wire. My best wishes to everyone posting here. Enjoy your holiday time and reflect on what is really important and how you address each other here. We are all one of the same family, never forget.

Merry Christmas to each and every one of you and GOD BLESS us every one.

With all due respect,

Chas B. Wolfson

:FlagAm: Isn't it nice that the holiday season brings out the best of folk, even the cowboys here on the wire. My best wishes to everyone posting here. Enjoy your holiday time and reflect on what is really important and how you address each other here. We are all one of the same family, never forget.

With all due respect,

Chas B. Wolfson

At times we all fall short. Thanks for the reminder.

With all due respect,

Chas B. Wolfson

+1 Excellent behavior! :)

AWWWWWW.....ain't it sweet! Don't you just love the Christmas Season when it's appropriate to lecture grown men on how to behave in the name of God? Now, if we could just get the 3 desert tribes (Muslims, Jews and Christians) to quit killing each other and everyone else worldwide the rest of the world might truly be able to live in PEACE ON EARTH.

How about a serious offer on these Colts?

Would my kidney be considered as a serious offer?

Or possibly a Rifle Dynamics Arsenal Premium Package AK-47 with Aim-Point PRO and TWS rail cover?? I have about $2.5k in it so I would have to throw something else in on the trade...like a Ruger TALO Vaquero in 45 ACP?

Chas Wolfson asks for a little civility and you trash him !? And he wasn't using the name of God.... I think the family he referred to was 'fellow cowboy shooters" ?....... He DID say God Bless .....so what's wrong with that ?! I wasn't going to reply but the world being what it is I'm glad there's folks like him..

Mr Wolfson cheers to you and yours this holiday season as well as "most' of my fellow SASS members!!

Thanks for another BUMP, DN... 'preciate ya!

See, now a "good" Christian would have blessed the Holiday season for ALL of his fellow human beings, right? Or did my Great Aunt Loma who taught Sunday school for 78 years have that all wrong, too?

TEJANO! Thanks, but I'm going to stay with the AR platform. My mind is just too simple to learn much more than one at a time. 'preciate your kind offer for the kidney; may have to take you up on it someday so please keep yours healthy and I'll do the same.

Hey there Brother King, what all did Wes do on them?

Does the cylinder have the removable bushing?

Thanks,

OkD

:FlagAm: Well boy howdy, what is all this now a going on. I will say that I have no association with or that I have never met in person either of the individuals originally involved in this post. That being stated, I would like to thank Brother King for educating me prior to making an apparently poor decision. Upon reading the original post for sale of the two pistols, I thought maybe discussing a trade. I own a very nice first year, second generation Colt chambered in .45 with a 5.5" barrel. Fully engraved, sporting real ivory furniture and an action to die for. Gun is damn nice to say the least. Thank you ever so much brother for showing me upfront what a poor decision it would have been on my part to even suggest to you such an exchange, let alone go through with it.

As far as the downhill direction this whole situation is going, I merely believe a more tolerant and polite behavior when addressing each other here is in order. If you feel the absolute need to get down and dirty about what is taking place, please have the courtesy and maturity to take it off of the public wire. P.M. messages and or E-Mail work better for this type of situation.

Yes, I did refer to God and I was referring to our cowboy family as an entirety. Just because one resides in cowboy country don't make the man one in the same.

Looking forward to some more entertainment when I get home tonight from work.

Regards and best wishes at this most important time of year.

Chas B.

Thanks for another bump, Amigo! Unfortunately as you can see I'm already long too many guns that I don't use. So another Colt that's dressed like a 10 to the 9's would be just another safe queen and far too nice for a backup.

As to my less than reverent attitude; I'll thank you to keep your judgements about me to your own post as I really couldn't give a tinker's damn what you think. When I review the record, I think it was you who decided to bring this thread to public lecture about your own self- righteous beliefs.

Yes, Mr. Okie Dee... The bushing is the removable format that became known as GEN 3...some call it GEN 4 but that would be an error according to our own in house authority the esteemed Six Gun Shorty.

Wes Fargo put the action job on them. I wish my main match pistols felt like these. They've been sent to 3 just as famous Colt smithy's trying to get them this smooth to no avail. Wes installed his own springs, he does some kinda pawl and stop that is his own as well as the triggers which are absolutely identical to me. What I like most that is not true about my main match 45's is the 4 stops on the hammer are so crisp and the triggers are just as crisp.

PM me and I'll tell you who all I sent the others to... been hoping to catch Wes at EOT or WR but it's been a while since I've seen him anywhere.

Thanks for another BUMP, DN... 'preciate ya!

See, now a "good" Christian would have blessed the Holiday season for ALL of his fellow human beings, right? Or did my Great Aunt Loma who taught Sunday school for 78 years have that all wrong, too?

TEJANO! Thanks, but I'm going to stay with the AR platform. My mind is just too simple to learn much more than one at a time. 'preciate your kind offer for the kidney; may have to take you up on it someday so please keep yours healthy and I'll do the same.

If you send me the pistolas I will officially reserve a kidney for you. I give you my word.

Honestly though senior I wish you luck in selling those fine pistols they are gorgeous.

BUMP>.. what? are you all buying jewelry?

For some reason I can't edit this post. Looking for offers... Trades considered.

Y'all are either busy or out beggin' for permission.

Let's get it started.... .how about $2987 shipped to your FFL

OK... I'm game... $2887

Tejano! I'm counting on you for that spare kidney just in case, Ese'! :ph34r:

OK...I TAKE VISA/MC/AMEX/DISCOVER....$2797

Posted · Hidden by Allie Mo, SASS No. 25217, December 19, 2013 - More of the stuff hidden earlier
Hidden by Allie Mo, SASS No. 25217, December 19, 2013 - More of the stuff hidden earlier

Damn right funny that such a fine pair of shooters haven't sold here on the wire. What might the the reason be? Oh My!

Merry Christmas, HO HO HO

Chas B.

Posted · Hidden by Allie Mo, SASS No. 25217, December 19, 2013 - No reason given
Hidden by Allie Mo, SASS No. 25217, December 19, 2013 - No reason given

Amazing how a fella cowboy will actually go out of his way to make a poor example of Christian behavior. Almost proud of it... I swear I am grateful for the bump and can't wait for the opportunity to return the favor in person.

Alright then... .how about FREE? I'll just send them to the first 2 people who respond with an "I'll Take It".

;)

Posted · Hidden by Allie Mo, SASS No. 25217, December 19, 2013 - No reason given
Hidden by Allie Mo, SASS No. 25217, December 19, 2013 - No reason given

He stated whoever posts "I'll take it" not "I'll take em" or " I'll take one" So I am posting my official "I'll take it". And in advance thanks if you follow through I will contribute mine to the Happy Trails Foundation for a fund raiser. We'll see Virginia, if there really is a Santa callus.

BN

Archived