SASS Wire Forum

Really? Again? Maybe I should stop reading the CC.

Grizzly Dave

John Boy I think you have you have hit on Tex's big problem with blue jeans. He is just trying to drum up more business for his friend. I think that too may backfire on him. If people stop and think and figure this out it will come back to bite Whamaker in the behind.

Blue jeans have always been and continue to be the work pant of choice for the cowboys. Trying to make them illegal will only cause hard feelings and drive shooters away from our sport. The powers in charge need to put a muzzle on Tex, and show some support for the people who have supported them and made SASS into the great organization it is today.

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seems every time the CC comes out, there's an outburst and burn em on the stake retaliation, when a number

disagree with an opinion or editorial, a mob suddenly starts up. Same goes for the wire. Instead of discussing the opinion or editorial, we slowly turn into a mob and attack the writer of the opinion, or editorial. Be it the wire or be it CC.

Tex's editorials, are what editorials are suppose to be, "an article expressing the opinion of the editor(s), or publication". The same thing we do on the wire 24/7.

What I disagree with is how fast we attack the writer(s), rather then discuss, or just state an opinion. Sometimes, I envision the western were a guy gets a rope off his horse and slowly makes a noose for all to see, soon a mob forms, and a lynching is the only outcome.

MT

But the same subject, time after time shows much more.

"Blue jeans are SASS legal, and proven to be 'period-correct'!

LG

We will continue to voice our dissent until Tex gets it through his thick head that he is wrong!!!

TJD,

I hear ya pard.... ;) But!!!!! I'm tellin ya.... TEX is a freakin HONEY BADGER!!!!! :huh::lol::lol::lol:

Nothins gonna stop him, not Cobras, not African Killer Bees, not Poisonus Lizards, NOT NUTTIN works on a HONEY BADGER! <_<

Spades H. Soon to be called.... BLUE BERRY.... :D:lol:

PS: Not ta mention he likes dead horse........ :blink:

I wore a pair of LEEs to the first shoot I went to .I cut off the loops and put buttons and cut a V in the back.I did not shoot that match.I don't ware jeans but I will if Tex says I can't.

Isn't Blue Boy the shooter in his 90s?

I have introduced many Buckaroos and Buckarettes to cowboy action shooting. They all wear Wranglers or Levis!

So do their parents!

This horse is beaten so bad it stinks :lol: ...

GG ~ :FlagAm:

Fortunately it's a virtual horse, made from 100% recycled electrons, and no atoms were hurt in making these posts.

Isn't it nice to have a place where like minded individuals can talk freely about a subject that they care about, and those who

don't care can ignore it and go talk about things they are interested in. Can you imagine how boring this place would be

if the only things allowed were topics that never were talked about before, or which had to meet with other peoples approval.

You know - sub-standard dialog policies that need to be replaced by better ones as decided by a board . . .

SC

Fortunately it's a virtual horse, made from 100% recycled electrons, and no atoms were hurt in making these posts.

Isn't it nice to have a place where like minded individuals can talk freely about a subject that they care about, and those who

don't care can ignore it and go talk about things they are interested in. Can you imagine how boring this place would be

if the only things allowed were topics that never were talked about before, or which had to meet with other peoples approval.

You know - sub-standard dialog policies that need to be replaced by better ones as decided by a board . . .

SC

With some of the replies that happen on the Wire it doesn't seem so virtual... :D

I have introduced many Buckaroos and Buckarettes to cowboy action shooting. They all wear Wranglers or Levis!

So do their parents!

B)

Let me beat on this horse some myself. From the SW Reg TG meeting it was pointed out that Wranglers are NOT period correct and Levis are ONLY IF worn as a miner (per Tex). Now I have no grounds to argue the period correctness of Wranglers but I find argument that a trail driving cowboy who has the opportunity to get a pair of "miner's" Levis at "bargain", would not have worn them. I understand where Tex is coming from, there are times I see "abuse" in the wearing of Wranglers. Heck, I often wear them myself at a local match. However, this abuse as I refer to it IMO, is to late to be corrected without really p--sing some folks off (if not already). As has been pointed out in other posts, rules have been made and they are not being broken by shooters wearing Wranglers. If this needs to be fixed per Tex's desire, it should have been done years ago when some top notch, really great, competitors were winning wearing Wranglers. It was not done then so now I see only to options: pass a new ruling banning or requiring chinks/chaps over them in state and above matches, OR leave it alone. I would prefer to think there is no correlation between Tex's dislike of Wranglers and/or demin material and Wahmaker, but.......

BJ,

I hope I look as good as Blue Boy in denim, or anything else, when and if I get his age. I would like to met this gentleman, maybe some day.

Thanks for posting pic.

BJ,

I hope I look as good as Blue Boy in denim, or anything else, when and if I get his age. I would like to met this gentleman, maybe some day.

Thanks for posting pic.

B.B. You come on up and shoot with me and Branchwater this coming year and I'll gladly introduce you to my surrogate dad! He appointed himself my father years ago. I'm sometimes curious what Imis Twohofen, his real son, thought when that happened, but we're thick as thieves now and you'll be more than welcome.

Incidentaly, Blue Boy's birthday is July 4th!!

Wranglers were good enough for Tex at the Southwest Regional ...........

he wore them to the banquet.

This is the part I don't understand :wacko: He has also worn them at the SE Regional..........and if you watched EOT on Shooting USA last month he had on Blue Denim Jeans during his interview. I couldn't tell if they were Wrangler or Levi or JC Penny, but they were Blue Denim Jeans.........and he was not dressed as a miner or B-Western.....................so what gives?? :huh:

I'm just saying..................Good Luck :)

Jefro :ph34r: Relax-Enjoy

Guest Cinch, SASS#29433

I can see where Tex might see the cowboy garb lessened by minimum standards and maybe this can be addressed in Branson? I have also seen some of the blue jean crowd poo-poo the rodeo cowboy look. What does this mean.......?

It's cold weather in much of the 50 states I reckon

Since you probably have little or no experience in NCOWS, just leave them out of this discussion.

I don't usually comment on these post, but I do agree with you Bad Hand. Sierra Sue and myself shoot NCOWS and really like it! Little more laid back atmosphere.

Regards

JW

Tex kinda reminds me how I felt for a while when folks started wearing jeans to church. Don't they know church is for dressin' up? I got used to it, can't bring myself to go to regular mass in jeans, but it don't bother me none when folks do. Tex ain't made the adjustment, still wants to see coat and tie in church. I'm just glad to see folks in church!

CR

all depends on the amount of contention among the TGs.....

Seems every time the CC comes out, there's an outburst and burn em on the stake retaliation, when a number

disagree with an opinion or editorial, a mob suddenly starts up. Same goes for the wire. Instead of discussing the opinion or editorial, we slowly turn into a mob and attack the writer of the opinion, or editorial. Be it the wire or be it CC.

Tex's editorials, are what editorials are suppose to be, "an article expressing the opinion of the editor(s), or publication". The same thing we do on the wire 24/7.

What I disagree with is how fast we attack the writer(s), rather then discuss, or just state an opinion. Sometimes, I envision the western were a guy gets a rope off his horse and slowly makes a noose for all to see, soon a mob forms, and a lynching is the only outcome.

MT

+1 Excellent.

Let me beat on this horse some myself. From the SW Reg TG meeting it was pointed out that Wranglers are NOT period correct and Levis are ONLY IF worn as a miner (per Tex). Now I have no grounds to argue the period correctness of Wranglers but I find argument that a trail driving cowboy who has the opportunity to get a pair of "miner's" Levis at "bargain", would not have worn them. I understand where Tex is coming from, there are times I see "abuse" in the wearing of Wranglers. Heck, I often wear them myself at a local match. However, this abuse as I refer to it IMO, is to late to be corrected without really p--sing some folks off (if not already). As has been pointed out in other posts, rules have been made and they are not being broken by shooters wearing Wranglers. If this needs to be fixed per Tex's desire, it should have been done years ago when some top notch, really great, competitors were winning wearing Wranglers. It was not done then so now I see only to options: pass a new ruling banning or requiring chinks/chaps over them in state and above matches, OR leave it alone. I would prefer to think there is no correlation between Tex's dislike of Wranglers and/or demin material and Wahmaker, but.......

But.... SASS is not about being "period correct." It is even stressed that we are not historical reenactment. There are many things that ARE period correct that are not allowed in our game, and more than a few that are not correct that are allowed.

Please explain to me the logic in Tex's objections. They just don't make sense when you consider what is and and is not allowed that is an is not "period correct."

But.... SASS is not about being "period correct." It is even stressed that we are not historical reenactment. There are many things that ARE period correct that are not allowed in our game, and more than a few that are not correct that are allowed.

Please explain to me the logic in Tex's objections. They just don't make sense when you consider what is and and is not allowed that is an is not "period correct."

perhaps "period correct" more in Tex's eyes than most others..agree?

How many pages do we need on this subject every month I wonder? :D

I used to wear blue jeans all the time. In fact, I grew up wearing them. But now... No. Wait. I'm wearing some right now!

I've never actually worn any to a CAS match, but might have to get me some for that purpose. They are comfortable and durable and doggone it, people like them.

Archived