SASS Wire Forum

Really? Again? Maybe I should stop reading the CC.

Grizzly Dave

When you use you platform as EIC to label a group of shooters as cheaters you need to be prepared to defend yourself to them where ever and when ever they come into contact with you. It is mean and small minded to just say " I wrote what I wrote" then walk away.

"Cheaters" :o , please show you source of info. for this remark.

LG

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Was an editorial several years ago in the CC. Tex was trying to say that anyone who worked to put on a major annual match should not be allowed to shoot that match. If they did shoot the match they were cheating.

I sent a letter to CC in opposition to this, no reply and not published. Approached Tex at night at shoot and got the result cited. Glad that he is good to you, my experience says different. As a result my opinion of Tex.

Wow, you really had to go off topic here to back up your remarks. "He was TRYING to say"??? Like I said, seems like your attitude is the problem.

Was an editorial several years ago in the CC. Tex was trying to say that anyone who worked to put on a major annual match should not be allowed to shoot that match. If they did shoot the match they were cheating.

I sent a letter to CC in opposition to this, no reply and not published. Approached Tex at night at shoot and got the result cited. Glad that he is good to you, my experience says different. As a result my opinion of Tex.

That has nothing to do with this subject on 'jeans'.

You made it sound as if it was related to the subject at hand....

LG

Sorry Lumpy, different subject but in my humble opinion Tex is headed the same direction with this. He does not return phone calls and self addressed stamped envelopes are not returned this time either. Do you expect Tex to publish a letter in opposition to him on this either?

Sorry Lumpy, different subject but in my humble opinion Tex is headed the same direction with this. He does not return phone calls and self addressed stamped envelopes are not returned this time either. Do you expect Tex to publish a letter in opposition to him on this either?

You are correct------That is your opinion. Not mine :excl:

Only Tex knows, what Tex will do ;)

Time will tell..........

LG

I think that we all agree that the WB owns SASS. Well, let's face it, Tex owns the CC. And, he is going to use it as he sees fit to forward his agenda. If you don't like it, don't read it.

This is a lot like what is going on in the White House. And, we should all be a lot more concerned about that rather than what kind of pants Tex thinks we should ware.

The biggest problem here is Tex's attitude. I am glad that Tex would talk with Deuce, I have not had the same kind of luck. When I approached Tex at a shoot and wanted to discuss is stance on match directors shooting their own matches he just walked away. I don't see this as being any different given his "it's my way or the highway" stance. He does not answer letters and does not publish letters with a view opposed to him. He needs to go join his buddies in NCOWS, they share his attitude.

Again, someone who has no knowledge of NCOWS refers to them in a negative manner.

Again, someone who has no knowledge of NCOWS refers to them in a negative manner.

I did not refer to NCOWS in the negative. :rolleyes: Never have, never will :excl:<_< GOT THAT :excl:

My reference was to their period correctness, that is impressive.

Who are you to tell me I have "no knowledge" of NCOWS?

LG

So if it's true that the clothing rules stay the same, then we can finally stop beating this poor ol' horse! (until the next editorial :P )

Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night!

Rye ;)

Yes it's over!!! Let's get on with the next topic and leave Tex alone. Let him have a Merry Christmas. ;)

I did not refer to NCOWS in the negative. :rolleyes: Never have, never will :excl:<_< GOT THAT :excl:

My reference was to their period correctness, that is impressive.

Who the he!! are you to tell me I have "no knowledge" of NCOWS?

LG

I wasn't referring to you, note I was replying to a post by "Tracker Jack Daniels".

this post has remained civil, just people venting a little,,, we've done well ALL weekend...........

a few have gotten a lil "grumpy", but tha's life.

Tex has been be-rated and people have had his back here....just like real life....

I imagine that he is actually amused by all this....

When I git attacked harshly it dunt put me much in the mood to respond eether...

Bad Hand who are you to tell me I have no experience with NCOWS? I have had more than my fill of them and their elitest attitude! There are a few good and reasonable NCOWS members, but by far and away the majority I have had to deal with thought just like TEX, "my way or the highway". Until you have walked a mile in my boots, please do not make assumptions, and pass judgements on me!!!

Sorri to hear of your situation Allie.

I'm sure ifn you smile, if won't be long till you'll have a room full of new friends.

How was your convention? Hope you have fun.

..........Widder

:P

I'm stuck in an ugly LaQuinta about 3feet from the main door using a PC with a horrid keyboard (the space bar only works about 1/2time...

After 5nights in the fabulous Chateau, it's a real drag.

When is your flight scheduled to leave?

Anything I can do to help?

So for now we "think" this is a dead issue because the TG's didn't act upon it. Remember the Wild Bunch has in the past added rules clarification or new rules without the TG's voting. Like the Winchester 93/97. They own this sport.

We as members can do several things, continue voicing our opinion on the web thinking we represent the majority of the membership of SASS and the WB will take heed. Or we can really show how we feel. Have each club pole the members and seek out support of leaving the rules in place. Then send a letter to SASS/Tex that simply says the 79 members of XXXX SASS affiliated club have voted. As a club we choose to ignore any rule that would exclude jeans, denim, Wranglers, Levi's etc in any of the SASS categories. We believe the current dress code reflects both a historical and Hollywood perception of the western way.

EOT and maybe Winter range might have to enforce a change but that's not where the majority of us enjoy this sport.

Ike

the jeans issue can be compared to the "cone of safety". two of the absolute ideas EVER brought up since I've been playing cowboy!

dressing better? yes, throw out jeans, no,..

we moved on from the cone of safety, which I took a lot of heat for not supporting it while on the ROC, but I was right!!!!, and we'll move on from here!

Tex aint stupid, they won't hurt SASS that badly on purpose....

mee tuuu! I was right about the "cone of safety'!!

Yes you were, that was an awful idea. Glad it is gone, just wish some people would move on and forgive us for voting it out.

Widder,

It's dead here. No restaurant.

I had a most fabulous time. I sat with Lady Tand TN T at dinner one night.

Later...

Really? I had always been told that La Quinta was Spanish for Denny's.

The biggest problem here is Tex's attitude. I am glad that Tex would talk with Deuce, I have not had the same kind of luck. When I approached Tex at a shoot and wanted to discuss is stance on match directors shooting their own matches he just walked away. I don't see this as being any different given his "it's my way or the highway" stance. He does not answer letters and does not publish letters with a view opposed to him. He needs to go join his buddies in NCOWS, they share his attitude.

I'm reading this and one thought comes to mind...

Why are you bothering him at a shoot? Let him have his fun!!!!

Oy!

Phantom

Archived