SASS Wire Forum

Do you wear overalls?

Come On Christmas

I wear overalls at shoots cause they be comfortable and have lots of pockets for black powder stuff.

I had a power idea of making an embroidered patch to iron on them that sez -

OVERALL CHAMPION

I would put it on the back so people could see it when I be shooting.

if I have to buy a bunch of them would you want one if it was $5 or less? IF SO PM ME

Crayfish

The Overall Champion

Pretty funny. I don't wear them to shoots though.

They make my butt look big. :D

Howdy Bro Crayfish:

Since the great hulabalu regarding jeans came about, I have located my overalls (like finding an old friend). I would be interested enough to fork over a $5 (in yankee money) for such an adornment to add to my shooting attire. I would have sent you an email, however, I could not find you address. So, here it is, in plain sight of all to see.

STL Louis Suomi

I wear overalls at shoots cause they be comfortable and have lots of pockets for black powder stuff.

I had a power idea of making an embroidered patch to iron on them that sez -

OVERALL CHAMPION

I would put it on the back so people could see it when I be shooting.

if I have to buy a bunch of them would you want one if it was $5 or less? IF SO PM ME

Crayfish

The Overall Champion

Have seem it for awards at a annual before.

They took a pair for little kids. Mounted them in a frame for the overall winners.

As far as having it plastered on the back of a pair.

Looks to much like a ad plastered on the back. I am sure many would frown on it.

Tex might have a cow over it.

Hee Hee!

You will like this then Crayfish.

When Badlands Bud won his first overall at EOT, his daddy called (or was it email) me and asked my thoughts. He said Bud wanted to wear his overalls to awards and daddy would defer to my judgment. I said yes. (Forgive me, Tex... ;) )

Then when he was due to be home for his first local match, I emailed the "usual suspects" to come to the match wearing overalls to honor Bud. Many folks did.

Gotta have a little humor...

Regards,

Allie Mo

A fellow that had shot a number of times with us showed up in overalls and work boots, our match director told him that this was Cowboy Action Shooting. Not Farmer Action Shooting. It still was funny.

I've been tempted to put on a pair, have my picture taken out in my pasture, have it sized to 8 x 10 with a caption reading, "Fred Finagler. Outstanding in his Field". My family doesn't appreciate my sense of humor.

I have seen back in the day pictures of back in the day locomotive workers wearing dark overalls. With 1860 Henry's in the photo. Black Carhardts.

Think about Hickory Stripe Overalls. What does the material represent? Why pillow ticking of course.

White Painters Overalls? Flour sack material.

I imagine if you pissed off a farmer he would shoot you with a period pistol, rifle, and more than likely the family double barrel. Think of Clint Eastwoods character William Munny. He was a pig farmer!

NCOWS goes too far with nerdy authenticity, but overalls ain't even a stretch.

Hee Hee!

You will like this then Crayfish.

When Badlands Bud won his first overall at EOT, his daddy called (or was it email) me and asked my thoughts. He said Bud wanted to wear his overalls to awards and daddy would defer to my judgment. I said yes. (Forgive me, Tex... ;) )

Then when he was due to be home for his first local match, I emailed the "usual suspects" to come to the match wearing overalls to honor Bud. Many folks did.

Gotta have a little humor...

Regards,

Allie Mo

There are 'coveralls'...... then there are Bib's/overall'???...... there is a difference. Hmmm, is bibs and ovralls one in the same? Or coveralls = overalls?

To the OP.... why not.... be sure to wear your tennis shoes/ sport bottie, with denim everything and beatup straw hat..

Bib Overalls like the back in the day pictures I have seen. I wear civil war Brogans.

Thanks Al. I was trying to think of Hemlocks name. He refers to Evil Roy by his real first name.

Hemlocks black overalls are homemade if memory serves. I am nowhere near as fast as he is, but shot around him at Peacemakers in Tyler many times. He was always in the faster Posse.

Hey Canby that guy is wearing my choo choo outfit and engineers hat. I also have a dark gray wool Mechanics hat I bought from Blockade Runner.

At Texas Cabellaros they have a moving Mine car on rails you shoot out of.

I was blowing my 4 tone wooden train whistle and playing "I been working on the Railroad" on my harmonica.

The guys on the following posse wanted me to stay and make sound effects for them.

For 34 years at the office the dress code was dress shirt, slacks, shoes and tie. Eventually got to casual Friday when we didn't have to wear a tie. If we had a meeting with anyone outside the company, we had to wear a jacket. I retired from the company as soon as I was eligible. Bib overalls have been my eveveryday dress ever since. When I started CAS I had a hard time finding a pair of, ahumb, blue jeans and belt to wear to the match. It felt so queersome I had to go to the farm supply store and get a pair of suspenders. I'd love to wear bibs to the matches. BTW, I wear Round House brand as they are made in USA.

I wear bib overalls every day and have since I retired eleven years ago. Up till then, I only wore 'em on weekends. I no longer own a pair of blue jeans, and the only belts I have are on my two gun rigs!

I've only worn my bibs to one match, a club monthly, and felt more than a little out of place.

One year at Winter Range, I saw a shooter in bib overalls, that's all, no boots/shoes, hat, or shirt. Just his gun leather over the overalls.

That was probably No-One, a shooter here in Maryland that is well-known for his bibs, barefeet, and stove-pipe hat. Don't often see him without the stove-pipe though.

Archived