SASS Wire Forum

Your fav Inline BP Rifle?

Come On Christmas

Just bought a new TC Pro Hunter in .50 cal. Shot it some and it is really nice. At Ken Griner's for some trigger work. Intend to use it elk hunting.

I have a stainless Remington 700 with the upgrade kit to fire shotgun primers. It has a 2x7x33 Leupold scope on it. It is a .54 caliber and I use Pyrodex pellets and the Barnes 275 grain X bullet for deer and the 325 grain X bullet for larger game. It is the same velocity and bullet I use in my .500 Smith & Wesson handgun. Needless to say, very effective on game to my self imposed shooting distance of 200 yards.

I had a T/C Encore .50 for a few years and it was a GREAT inline, but I had an offer that nearly doubled my money on it, so down the road it went.

This is an oddball, and the only one I've ever seen. Info on the Web is almost non-existent, with only a couple of other references turning up in Europe. Most of the hits that come up will be me seeking information on this one. It's a Pedersoli Gamma 9000, .54 cal, but with a round ball twist of about 1:60-1:66, as best I can tell.

Pedersoli54008.jpg

Been really putting the think on buying a Used 12 gauge H&R Shotgun with a K or higher serial number . . . Then sending reciever and forearm to the factory and buying the .50 cal muzzleloader barrel for it. I would just be shooting targets with it for fun. Wow a 1 in 28" twist.

Crayfish

In lines don't trip my trigger at all. (Pretty good one!) I'm into the history as much as two weeks of extra hunting time. A good caplock for me! BUT -I can't keep in the accuracy dept. with an inline. A patched round ball with a 1:66 twist aint any good past 100 yards.

I've had 2 Knights - great guns - hard to beat the removeable stainless steel breech plug, 209 primers ignition, and easy to clean.

Archived