SASS Wire Forum

I'm a scared ta look!

Michigan Slim

I am in the process of replacing all the painted doors, trim, cabinets, etc in my house with oak. As i do this, out come all the nails that used to hang the Christmas sh ah, stuff. As I sit in front of the computor, I am hearing the hammer going in the living room.

I'm scared. Very scared. to look or ask what she is doing. I think I'll just fix myself a drink. And repeat.

It's looks just fine!!! And it's computer, not computor!

Well, I think you're taking the wisest course, Slim.

Uh.... and in my neighborhood it's spelled "Una computadora" ;)

We know this couple at church, the wife is about 5 foot nothing. She'd been after her hubby to lower all the kitchen shelves and cabinets so's she could reach SOMETHING.. Hubby had not done it, one day he saw her heading for the kitchen with a crow bar. Asking what she was up to she told him she was about to rip out all the shelves and cabinets so he could reinstall them lower. :lol: He decided he best do it himself. ;)

JHC

Oh no, another spelling cop. :D :D

Watch yoreselfs Pards.

And she's got a hammer! ;)

It's Phunny that when I clicked on this thread, My SWMBO walked through the house carrying a Hammer and a Tape measure. She's gonna go banging around on some plaster walls. House was built in 1956 by Disneyland with NO sheetrock on the walls, real lathe and plaster. Ya can't push in a thumbtack and if ya hit a nail to hang a picture, a Silver dollar size piece of Plaster can end up falling out. I a Scared too. :(

Jake

One more bathroom, THEN the kitchen. Then the family room (3rd time...) then my den. Bout that time we will parbly move......

A few years back to kick off a bathroom remodel I bought my wife a new toilet for Christmas wrapped it and put it under the tree. The remodel project was just finished in time for the following Christmas guest. If you are not any faster than me you will not get to the kitchen project for at least a year.

BBM

Got my girls bedroom done in five days. Hoping for a three day bathroom. Kitchen will take two weeks. Gotta strip off the wallpaper that we just had to have.........

I have plaster walls too and having patched many blowouts, I have learned that you really should predrill the holes. Even though yuou can drive a nail without damaging the surrounding plaster, removing it is gonna cause damage. If the hole was predrilled, removal just leaves a small hole.

Archived