SASS Wire Forum

Now THIS is the COWBOY WAY!

Rancho Roy

I've been looking for a Winchester 1876 for a few years. An original is always "stupid" money and I just couldn't part with the funds.

I saw on one of these CAS/SASS forums a 22" Uberti in 45-60 with dies and brass for $1100 from a fellow in the Carolinas........I was driving on my way out west on a hunting trip when this ad popped up on my smart phone somewhere around West Virginia.

We stopped at Cracker Barrel for breakfast, and after a fine meal while I was "sitting on the can", I sent an email to the seller telling him I'd buy it but I couldn't get a check to him for a few days. And if this would be acceptable.

He sent me back an email telling me he trusted me for the money and it was going in the mail that very day! And, he took $100 off the price!!!!

Sure enough I get an email later that day with tracking info to my local gun shop. Once settled into hunting camp, I then drove the hour+ into the closest town so I could send him a check.

The rifle showed up and it is magnificent!

Thanks Perry, you are gentleman and a scholar!!! And a darn good cowboy!!!

Happy Thanksgiving!

Always good to reinforce what a great group of people we have in SASS. I've been dealing with people online and most recently bought some pistols....sent a check....and the guns were enroute. Kudos to those who continue to have trust and honor. The cowboy way is the SASS way and representative of the people therein.

KK

Another stand up pard.....

I have read many reviews of Doc Nopers work in leather and wanting to get a new piece of gear for Hilda Billie, called him and ordered a belt and load block. Not only will he get it going thisweekend so I can get it in time for Christmas, said to don't worry about pre payment, just send the funds once I receive the work. Cant ask for better service than that. Thanks Doc!

I have had a few dealings similar to those above from SASS members. Being new it almost shocked me. Never have I met such a great bunch of people as I have from here and at local matches.

For someone new to the sport it makes one feel very welcome and also makes a lot friends.

I have bought guns, brass, leather hats etc. off the wire and ALWAYS have been treated that way.Would always ship the few items I've sold right away. Everyone I've met on-line has been great to deal with. Have made some awesome friends since I've been in this game (2003). I am glad you got the rifle you wanted. I wanted it also, just didn't have the funds when it came available. :)

My son and I are new to SASS and regardless of where we shoot (he's in Dallas and I'm in Clemson) we have been amazed at the hospitality we initially receive and the caliber (no pun intended) of the people we meet. I'd like to belong to this group even if I wasn't having a ball trying to shoot better. Openness, mutual respect and honesty seem to be traits throughout the organization. Wouldn't it be nice if the rest of the world followed SASS's lead.

My son and I are new to SASS and regardless of where we shoot (he's in Dallas and I'm in Clemson) we have been amazed at the hospitality we initially receive and the caliber (no pun intended) of the people we meet. I'd like to belong to this group even if I wasn't having a ball trying to shoot better. Openness, mutual respect and honesty seem to be traits throughout the organization. Wouldn't it be nice if the rest of the world followed SASS's lead.

Hi Rusty,

I've been around a while (14 years) and know a lot of folks, mostly from the SASS Wire and Conventions, as I rarely venture to far away matches (more than a day's drive). I've been shooting by myself since 2005 and rarely have qualms about going to any match alone.

Last year I went to a match where I knew only a few people (only two that I was relatively sure would be there). After that, I feel like I have been introduced to another branch of my SASS family.

It was the same way when I made a VERY rare trip to Illinois. I have relatives there that I'd not seen in 10 years. That was a priceless adventure! People I'd never met (Taquila Tab and Shell Stuffer) loaned me guns, which was the deciding factor in my making that trip. Ellie Oakley loaned me some too. We'd met before at the Convention.

Although people criticize the Wire for being nothing like a match, I have met some great folks here and I have been lucky to meet them in person at the Convention or my trip to IL.

I can hardly wait for the Convention to see some of the SASS family that I rarely get to see.

Regards,

Allie

Archived