SASS Wire Forum

62 and No longer a virgin

Smoken D

What did you thing I was talking about? Never been on a deer hunt till this year. Pastor at my church took me and I used my dad's Remington Arms manufactured in September 1943 30-06 that he used in WW II. It was fun and we processed it ourselves. Still have a tag and may go in December during the black powder season. That will be fun :D She dropped like a rock D.R.T.

http--,,--//DennisDeer_zps7203b0de.jpg

Congrats. I bet she tastes good too. I day this as I'm munching on this years venison ring sausage

cool!!! get some good recipes, great eating!

Check this out

www.youtube.com/watch?v=PYbl29zeRyc&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Dang!

Well done pard!! You will find yourself reliving the moment for a long time.

I'be been out 4 times and only seen squirrels and possums.

Ah well, doe season starts tomorrow.

Hope I do as well as you did. The freezer is getting light.

Congrats. I bet she tastes good too. I day this as I'm munching on this years venison ring sausage

Will you just hush about that sausage?

Slobber, slobber, slurp!

Great job. Now, give us some details. Where were you? What was the shot like? Set the scene for us and brag a bit!

I'm the kind that don't really do adrenalin. 600 acres, put by small ravine under broken deer stand, dense cedar and not much distance view. After a while I thought this is a great place for bow, but sure limited on view. So, I climbed up the big hill, got down on fallen tree and had a 200-250 yard view of the ravine along with the cross over hillside. There was an old large path along the ravine for half the distance then the path lead up the hill on the other side. Sun coming up behind me. Hunkered down and came 3 doe's. Couldn't believe didn't see or hear me. Got rifle ready and rested on trunk of tree. Picked opening between two trees as lead deer came strolling along the path. She went and stopped at the point I picked, aimed, fired. She just folded up, went down, kicked 4 times, D.R.T. Was around 100 yard shot.

Oh, and it was a hand load for the 06. Years ago when I shot this gun found medium bullets did not do well. Experimented and found due to rifling wear out (WWII) it shot 190gr best. The load was Reloader 22 charge under Sierra 190GR HPBT.

The location was Benton County, Missouri where I live :)

Thanks everyone and Badlands Bob, apparently ya don't know the rules in Missouri, they fall under the hillbilly regs of the Ozarks. 104.07 statute :lol:

Posted · Hidden by Allie Mo, SASS No. 25217, November 27, 2013 - response to crude post
Hidden by Allie Mo, SASS No. 25217, November 27, 2013 - response to crude post

62 and no longer a virgin

There are laws against doing that to a deer after you shoot it. :D

Not in Missouri. ;)

My dad is from Buchanan Co, MO. My grandmother still lives there and my cousins do a lot of hunting on her farm.

Real pretty country up there.

Congrats again. Now, we'll see if the boy and I have any luck this weekend...

Will you just hush about that sausage?

Slobber, slobber, slurp!

Well ifyou are ever in these parts stop on in and we'll make you up some, or loin, or roast. Whatever you prefer. Decided to try and make deer bacon this year... I guess we'll see how it turns out

OOPS--- THOUGHT THIS WAS ABOUT MY LIFE STORY...I'M A YOUNG THANG AND CANNOT LEAVE MY MOTHER

OOPS--- THOUGHT THIS WAS ABOUT MY LIFE STORY...I'M A YOUNG THANG AND CANNOT LEAVE MY MOTHER

Well, was on my bucket list till I was 62, NEVER give up :lol:

Archived