SASS Wire Forum

Our Little Girl Has Grown Some

Subdeacon Joe

Did some reading up on poodles a few days ago. Seems that our 5 year old toy poodle had, in the past few months, gone from being toy sized to a miniature at about 10 1/4 inches. Good diet and exercise has caused her to grow close to an inch and gain about 4 pounds of muscle.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4zlljY9ohw

I played tennis, one day. When I got home, I still had a bunch of tennis balls in my pockets. A neighbor's kid asked me what they were, and I told him they were tennis balls. He said, "That looks like it hurts way more than tennis elbow!"

Nice looking pup you have there,Rancocas. I can see why they were used to go after badgers.

April is still relearning how to be a dog and interact with dogs. About 5 months ago she learned that we can rough-house together and if she gets bumped and thumped some, it isn't punishment, just play.

Have a cockapoo and a chihuahua/norwich terrier, both females, who will play like that. The cockapoo is about twice the size of the chinorwich, so we do tell her not to play too rough, but we are just as likely to see the little dog chasing the bigger one. They snarl and growl while doing this play. Then, when they get tired, they just quit and then bark at the squirrels on our back fence. Dogs is wonderful people!

Archived