SASS Wire Forum

What's the call?

Chief Rick

Perhaps a different topic that doesn't ask, "What's the Call" is in order(?).

I understand why this issue continues to be debated. These aren't stupid people arguing what the rules state or what PWB's Wire forum call is or challanging PWB's capacity to make such a call. I think everyone respects PWB's oracle status and understands what the call is here, with PWB even referring back to the earlier topic. So, I don't believe that the debate has anything to do with the call.

As I see it, the debate is this:

Given the scenario that: A gunbelt with loaded weapons, hammer down on a supposedly empty chamber, disengages and falls off the shooter's body and strikes the ground with the muzzels pointed haphazardly.

Then, the question is: Why are penalties not imposed in this scenario, while penalties are imposed in other scenarios, which are equally or even less dangerous than this scenario?

The debate has nothing to do with the rules, in my mind, because the rules have been cited and the call has been made ... several times. It simply seems to me (and apparently others) that there are gaps in the logic of the rules or the interpretation of those rules (which in this case are for safety), as they relate to this real or hypothetical scenario. That's what should be addressed and resolved, in my mind ---EDIT--- rather than being shouted down. As I stated, I think this should be debated in another topic that is not concerned with, What's the Call. We know what the call is.

So then...if someone falls, and their Revolvers (NOT WEAPONS), stay in their holsters...then the shooters should get a MDQ? Or some other penalty???

Seriously, I know you don't shoot and only post on the Wire, but what would be the difference between this and having a rig drop with the Revolvers (NOT WEAPONS!!!!!), safely in their holsters????

I'd talk to you about this in person...if you actually shot somewhere...but I guess the Wire is the only place where we can have this debate.

Cheers!

Phantom

Phantom;

Cat Brules did not seem to make any suggestion about what any Call should be, as you seem to imply.

He simply stated his opinion that there are gaps in the logic to the Rules. And offered to have such a discussion under a Topic not concerned with specific Calls.

It seems that no one wishes to have such a separate Topic of discussion, at this time.

Phantom;

Cat Brules did not seem to make any suggestion about what any Call should be, as you seem to imply.

He simply stated his opinion that there are gaps in the logic to the Rules. And offered to have such a discussion under a Topic not concerned with specific Calls.

It seems that no one wishes to have such a separate Topic of discussion, at this time.

Yer right...I guess I'm a little bias on his points since he posses as someone that takes part in our sport...my bad.

To me, the issue is rather simple. A gun out of holster and then dropped is a gun that is in a condition that we cannot control. In other words, we don't know whether it has been cocked or not...therefore it's being in a "Safe" condition is questionable.

If a gun is in it's holster...never leave it...then it is considered in it's "Safe" condition...regardless of whether it's on one's Hip...or on the Ground...or on one's Hip and on the ground as in the case of a fallen shooter.

Cheers!

Phantom

Well... if the rules covered every potential scenario, they'd be as big, and have as many volumes as the Encyclopedia Britannica... and few people would even bother to read them, and we'd still be getting the same questions.

Phantom, I'm going shooting Sat... does that count?

Once again, we just need a simple, one volume handbook that clearly covers all situations.

It should include such things as all weather conditions, earthquakes, hurricanes, tornadoes, nuclear accidents, etc to be fully complete.

Hopefully only two semi-trailers could hold it and the battery of lawyers required...

Once again, we just need a simple, one volume handbook that clearly covers all situations.

It should include such things as all weather conditions, earthquakes, hurricanes, tornadoes, nuclear accidents, etc to be fully complete.

Hopefully only two semi-trailers could hold it and the battery of lawyers required...

You are singing my song. If we spent as much time trying to not penalize a shooter as we seem to spend trying to nail them to the wall, I think we'd find we gots plenty 'nuff rules! It's nice to be able to carry a rule book in your gun cart and still have room for ammo.

CR

Archived