SASS Wire Forum

cruel punishment and yet still wants more to be punished with

Trigger Mike

After a few days prodding my children have their room clean. My daughter comes to me and asked to watch TV. I told her to play with a toy, put it up and get another one to practice how to keep the room clean. Her reply was she did not want to play with her toys, and yet she just asked me for more toys for Christmas. She even went to her mom and complained I wanted her to play with her toys. Because she mumbled when she said it my wife thought she said , "Dad wants me to clean the toilet". My wife realized what she meant and laughed and said I'd prefer to play with toys than clean the toilet. I never heard such. I can tell it is going to have an effect on their Christmas.

It gets better. She complained to her mom that I told her to play with toys so her mom told her to log in to her online study room and study. She complained about that so my wife told her to work on her composition school work. She cried even more. I told her how she did not like my idea of playing with toys and just had to go behind my back to complain to my wife, which is wrong to do. She cried and said she wanted to read a book so I told her that I can see her lack of interest in her toys would effect Christmas. I added since she likes books, that for Christmas she will get a dictionary, a thesaurus and a law book. I gleefully added this will be the best Christmas ever. She cried and said it would be the worst Christmas ever. She had her chance. When her brothers started tickling me I finally told them to go play with their toys and they ran to their room, fearing a worse fate might befall them.

loved it!!!!!!

I guess you could have let her watch TV. Just put on a DVD of some educational thing and then take the remotes.

A big hug and a kiss probably wouldn't hurt anything, either.

HEY! Maybe you could teach her to reload!!?

I am going on 80 years old. The Christmas's that I remember as a child were a LOT different from the ones that children EXPECT today. Mine are probably more remembered and cherished by me than any that my grandchildren will ever know.

Lafitte

I am going on 80 years old. The Christmas's that I remember as a child were a LOT different from the ones that children EXPECT today. Mine are probably more remembered and cherished by me than any that my grandchildren will ever know.

Lafitte

I agree. It is stunning when I see what people I know do for their kids. All meaning has been lost, and it is all about "me" and consumption. When we were kids it was usually a new set of clothes and either a cheap new or better gently used toy. Granted, we grew up with pretty much nothing, but like Grandpa used to say, "If three gifts were good enough for Jesus, it aught to be good enough for us." Despite the lack of "stuff," my best Christmas memories were of that time

I like the 3 gift idea and actually employ it. I try to find a big present(last years was a train layout my sons and daughter helped me build and then gave it to one of my sons). and two little presents and put underwear in their stockings with a hotwheel or something. I have yet to buy a video game or give them a computer.

Archived