SASS Wire Forum

Have a Happy Thanksgiving Pards

Howdy Doody

Please give a thought and a prayer to our American troops deployed around the globe that will not be able to be with their friends and family to celebrate Thanksgiving day. I am thankful first of all for those that are on the line for me and you.

Prayers up

Prayers for a safe Thanksgiving for our troops and also that they ALL return safe and sound.

Rye

Please give a thought and a prayer to our American troops deployed around the globe that will not be able to be with their friends and family to celebrate Thanksgiving day. I am thankful first of all for those that are on the line for me and you.

+1

Yes indeed, always thankfull for those that are out there protecting and defending our freedom!

That is a gracious thought Howdy.

Overseas duty (military duty in general) seemingly is alittle lonelier than usual during the Thanksgiving and Christmas Holidays.

The military does A Lot to insure the Men and Women who serve have some good food and as much of a festive atmosphere as possible during these upcoming holidays.

BUT, it just ain't the same as being back home.

The Mail will deliver some of them a package from home with maybe some Rice Krispy crunches or chocolate chip cookies. And its usually enough to share with your bunkhouse pards or foxhole brothers. Some will receive one of them packages with some good sausages and cheese inside.

Alot of us have seen first hand the smiles it generates when these packages are opened. And then.....WHAMO, that little tear appears rolling out of the eye when that soldier discovers the little pocket size picture of 2 year old Sarah dressed in a beautiful pink dress or 10 yr old Luke wearing his football uniform.

Sometimes, its a picture of Mom and Dad standing in front of the house with Ole Blue sitting in an attentive position like he is still waiting for that 'best friend that wears cammuflage' to stroll up the drive way.

Yep, I think it is most appropriate to send up a little Prayer for these who serve.

God Bless and keep them All.

..........Widder

That is a gracious thought Howdy.

Overseas duty (military duty in general) seemingly is alittle lonelier than usual during the Thanksgiving and Christmas Holidays.

The military does A Lot to insure the Men and Women who serve have some good food and as much of a festive atmosphere as possible during these upcoming holidays.

BUT, it just ain't the same as being back home.

The Mail will deliver some of them a package from home with maybe some Rice Krispy crunches or chocolate chip cookies. And its usually enough to share with your bunkhouse pards or foxhole brothers. Some will receive one of them packages with some good sausages and cheese inside.

Alot of us have seen first hand the smiles it generates when these packages are opened. And then.....WHAMO, that little tear appears rolling out of the eye when that soldier discovers the little pocket size picture of 2 year old Sarah dressed in a beautiful pink dress or 10 yr old Luke wearing his football uniform.

Sometimes, its a picture of Mom and Dad standing in front of the house with Ole Blue sitting in an attentive position like he is still waiting for that 'best friend that wears cammuflage' to stroll up the drive way.

Yep, I think it is most appropriate to send up a little Prayer for these who serve.

God Bless and keep them All.

..........Widder

UDAMAN!!!! Been there, done that, like a lot of us have! Our troops have to lean on each other more and more these days and I cannot imangine serving in todays military with it's current Commander in Chief. Prayers for ALL!

AMEN! May God bless them all and keep them safe and sound.

My Prayers are with our Nation & Troops every day.

Lord Please watch over Our Nation and Troops .

Keep us safe .

Lord I pray for our leaders to keep you in the for front of our Nation .

In the Name of Jesus Christ I Pray -_-

Archived