SASS Wire Forum

Frontier Classics Western wear trousers material keeps changing

Dungannon Gunner

I have always worn the Frontier Classics brand trousers. Model CM83

Very heavy duty and tough material. I just received my new pair that I had ordered on-line from one of their retailers. Cheap, did I say CHEAP quality! These things are so thin you could wear them as PJs. I called the retailer and they were extremely nice and gave me an authorization for return. Here is the interesting thing. When I complained, the customer service person acknowledged that every time a new order arrives they do not know what the material will be. They just keep changing.

Guess I need to find another brand.

I have always worn the Frontier Classics brand trousers. Model CM83

Very heavy duty and tough material. I just received my new pair that I had ordered on-line from one of their retailers. Cheap, did I say CHEAP quality! These things are so thin you could wear them as PJs. I called the retailer and they were extremely nice and gave me an authorization for return. Here is the interesting thing. When I complained, the customer service person acknowledged that every time a new order arrives they do not know what the material will be. They just keep changing.

Guess I need to find another brand.

Good luck with that.

Even with there problems. They are still about as good as anything out there.

And the SASS office wants to know why people are wearing Wranglers.

At least you know what they will be when you get them.

Maybe the retailer should start demanding consistent, good acceptable quality goods, or stop doing business with the supplier.

Also, there's nothing wrong with having a back-up supplier and returning the whole shipment of shoddy stuff to their supplier.

Blaming the supplier don't get 'er done and shipping out low quality goods, especially to repeat customers, is insulting and foolish.

Good point made on the above reply. It is very difficult to find period clothing of any quality at all. What you describe is NOT "period clothing" ... but IT IS a good example of a "costume;" shoddy stuff not meant to hold up under normal wear, over a reasonable period of time and made from materials existant of the period (ie, wool or cotton, rather than polyesther).

I got two pair that was so thin you could almost see through them.They are cooler in the summer.

Unless I'm mistaken the Frontier Classics are simply a less expensive brand. A few weeks ago I bought some on sale for less than half the price of Wah Maker. I think the Wah trousers are mostly US made and seem to be make of heavier fabric. For my part I'm not crazy about spending around $70 for pants I won't wear more than two days a month and I like the thinner, cooler fabric.

Archived