SASS Wire Forum

radio controlled heli with camera

Trigger Mike

Here's a site that will answer your questions and give you advise on what will work.

RC Group

I think you will be looking for a Quad rotor vehicle.

The electrics seem to do a very good job at this.

You can find you tube videos of people south of the border using the quads to check out border patrols by flying over the fences with real time video.

As for live feed video, there are several topics on this site covering this.

I don't know where to have you look as I am part of the RC submarine groups and I know we have cameras that record and some have been very successful deploying live feed telemetry and live video. I have seen both. The real time telemetry and live video displayed on a laptop or in head set goggles. The goggles put you in the drivers seat. Now I know aircraft use this stuff because that's where the submarine builders went to get the information and equipment to modify for submarine use.

I can tell you that there is off the shelf equipment for aircraft.

For submarine use it all needs to be modified for transmitting under water.

Live video works only if a small portion of antennae is above the surface so it can be intermittent at times.

For full time video underwater it requires a tether cable for video transmission.

I had an AR Drone, but sold it because I just didn't have time to play with it. The video can be recorded on the phone(android or iphone). The video was pretty grainy but that was version 2.0. They have since come out with version 3; don't know if the video is better or not.

Mike wants to check out all the neighbors' swimming pools. :o:P

Seriously, I imagine that if you have acreage, these things are useful to monitor large areas of the place, including checking fencelines if you have the neighbors' cows frequently damaging your fence and for security purposes during the day and moonlit nights. I'll have to look into this.

Mike wants to check out all the neighbors' swimming pools. :o:P

Seriously, I imagine that if you have acreage, these things are useful to monitor large areas of the place, including checking fencelines if you have the neighbors' cows frequently damaging your fence and for security purposes during the day and moonlit nights. I'll have to look into this.

I have trespassers on 4 wheelers and you could use it to scout for coyotes or other game. You could maybe use it to spot snakes before you get there.

I have trespassers on 4 wheelers and you could use it to scout for coyotes or other game. You could maybe use it to spot snakes before you get there.

It's illegal in some states to scout game from the air,

^_^

GOT any drone loads ?

CB :ph34r:

I'll bet a leopard load, 2 3/4" 12 ga with #3 or #4 buck would work.

Look down the list of forums at RCUniverse for the Aerial Photography and Vehicles forum

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/forum.php

The place that will probably have them for sale, and products most apt to work effectively, would be: http://www.towerhobbies.com/

Archived