SASS Wire Forum

Winter Range 2014 - It's Commin Fast!

Woo Hoo !!

found a great room at studio 6 :)

even better it was half the price !!!!!

so where can I shoot tomorrow any warm up matches in the Phoenix area???

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

just got here last night and my Hotel is a craphole . Don't trust priceline. going hotel hunting tomorrow.

But I'm Real Happy to be here !!!!!

Can't wait to get Shootin!!!!

Mississippi Kid

Check out the Extend Stay America @ Rose Garden and 27th Ave. It's just west of the I-17.

My folks have stayed there in years past when they visit and they refuse to stay in dives.....

It's about 8 miles straight down the 17 from the range.

Woo Hoo !!

+1 on Fire and Ice @ Cowtown. $20 a day. Check with Barbwire for availability. I know there's something like 185 shooters pre-registered.

Gail "Barbwire" Snow

barbwire@ccsa-az.us

(480) 773-2753

I've been past the range and saw all the hard working folks there setting up. I am always amazed at the effort these volunteers put in and the product they produce.

As I walked around the range all I could think of was "Glorious". :) They create an entire town. :D

Vendor "row" is two streets, each about 200 yards long. Everywhere you look there is "detail", horses, cacti, cowboys, a pine forest --- it is truly remarkable. No wonder it is the largest cowboy action shooting match in the world! -- and the volunteers make it happen! :)

I wish each and every volunteer that is donating their time, sweat (perspiration for the ladies), and even some of their own money to create this great event could read this and hear my personal "thank you" for their efforts.

Thanks folks, what you do is truly Glorious! :) There is nothing else like it in the world!

We are well compensated $1.00 a day and some great chow and coffee. It really is a labor of love. The Rough Riders treat us like kings and are lavish with thank yous. Seeing the shooters having a great time and receiving their thank yous is also wonderful compensation.

When you get right down too it, even though it is hard work it is also a lot of fun and really great seeing the crew and working old friends.

Woo Hoo !!

So tell us more about Studio 6, I'm staying at Budget Suites of America and looking for a trade up next year.

I know I speak for my self and Kiowa Kid that we appreciate all the hard work that goes into putting on this match. You care about the shooters and you can tell in every thing that is done.

Is it time to shoot yet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Painted Filly

just got here last night and my Hotel is a craphole . Don't trust priceline. going hotel hunting tomorrow.

But I'm Real Happy to be here !!!!!

Can't wait to get Shootin!!!!

Mississippi Kid

Tripadvisor has some really harsh reviews of that Studio 6. Further, some shooters report their guns stolen when they leave their room.

Archived