SASS Wire Forum

Slightly OT: 1911 Officer's model grips-changed my tiny mind...

I have a really sweet officer's 1911 that currently is wearing Hogue wraparound grips, but with my short thumbs the Hogue makes it hard to reach the mag release in a hurry. Consequently I am looking for a set of grip panels for said pistol, preferably at something less than an arm and a leg in price and including shipping. Whatcha got?

Get "Slim" grips. Many manufacturers make them. Take a look at Raasco and VZ. Both make a high quality product that is priced right.

You will need to install shorter bushings for the slim grips. You can buy the slim bushings at most grip sellers and at Brownells.

Also, you might think about getting a thumb relief cut for your safety. Both of those shops offer that cut as an option.

I have a pr of take off's forya, took em off a Kimber and put Crimson trace on in place. I think they were black rubber. 25.00 Shipped if ya want.

I have a pr of Officer grips that are make from AZ elk antlers...... dr3498@hotmail.com..... I don't need and will selll for 75.00.... e mail me for picts

Thanks for the offer, and I'm sure they'd be gorgeous, but that's a bit beyond my price range.

I have a pr of take off's forya, took em off a Kimber and put Crimson trace on in place. I think they were black rubber. 25.00 Shipped if ya want.

Thanks for the offer, but I think I'm gonna go a different way than originally planned.

Sorry if I've inconvenienced any of you fine folks...

Archived