SASS Wire Forum

baby likes venison

Trigger Mike

my two year old has this idea she can not eat at the table but will eat while you cook. My wife was frying deer steaks country style so I gave my two year old small pieces and she kept saying it was yummy. It was a nice young doe that had eaten my corn and melons and sun flowers etc from my garden as well as corn from my feeder. Tender and tasty. She ate several bites. Once we sat her at the table though she barely ate again.

I was raised on wild game (deer, elk, quail, ducks, geese,etc) and fish :wub: . Have always liked it better than store bought stuff.

When my son was little, he had terrible allergies. Awful. One of the things that he was allergic to was the antibiotics and other junk that they feed the animals in our food supply. This garbage goes right into the milk you drink and the food you eat.

Well, to make a long story short, once we had this figured out, it was pretty much organically raised meats or wild game. I could not afford organic meat all the time, but wild game was plentiful.

We had a deep freezer and I tried to keep it stocked with deer, wild hog, pheasant, dove, duck, and whatever else I could hunt. Catfish, bluegill, bream, and other fish were welcomed as well.

Once people caught wind of what we were going through, they started to bring deer to the house. I would come home from work, dress a deer or two, process and package it. One year, I never was able to hunt myself, but we filled our freezer and the one at my in-laws.

Had jerkey, ground meat, steaks, ribs, whole roasts, sausage, and whatever else we could manage. Deer tenderloin never made it to the freezer. Right to the stove and then the plate!

Archived