SASS Wire Forum

11/11 is an emotional day for me

Grizzly Dave

First of all, it's veterans day, and that gets me all choked up.

Simple words can not express my gratitude for those who have served, and the families that also sacrificed while their loved one was away, some never to return. Thank you and welcome home.

Secondly, it is my dad's birthday. Dad went to be with the Lord in 1989 around thanksgiving after about a month in a coma, complications from pneumonia. He was 57. My folks were divorced when I was about 5, so dad was someone I saw on some Sunday afternoons. Through the years that routine varied, and sometimes didn't work for periods of time. After I was grown I lived at his house while I was in college, and in hind sight am happy that I had that chance to get to know him better, and wish I'd taken better advantage of it. But hind sight is 20/20 and you never know what the future will bring.

That's about all I got for now, the tears are flowing like a hard rain.

Happy Birthday dad, I love you.

Lost my dad in '94 and there's not a day that goes by that I don't think about him. I try and remember the good times we had and it makes me feel better but sad at the same time. Hang in there Grizz.

Rye ;)

Grizz, I simply don't know what to say, other than on this day I will also be keeping you and your father in my thoughts and meditations.

Archived