SASS Wire Forum

South East Regional Scores Posted

Marauder SASS #13056

The Gunfight at Givhans Ferry was another Great Match!

All the summary scores are posted!

SE Regional Scores

(Still working on the detailed results.)

Some new World Records were also set.

And Colonel Dan set a new record of his own on stage 1

- How to have a clean match and Fix yer gun at the same time!

Like Larsen, I am getting the 2012scores.

I would like to thank everybody who had anything to do with the match. It was GREAT! Hope to be able to do it again next year.

Lucky

Thanks to the Cack-a-Lakies fer puttin on a Great Match!!! :D

I had a Good Ole Time with my old friends and New friends Too!!!

I'll see ya in St Auggie come January!!!!!

Mississippi Kid :ph34r:

Colonel Dan could field strip a gun and have it back in service, get a clean match and look great doing it.

Way to go Colonel Dan!

Waimea

:FlagAm:

Larsen...clear your cache in your browser (delete your browsing history), close your browser, then reopen it and then go to the link for the scores...should see the 2013 scores then.

Thanks. The only cache I thought I had is my strategic reserves that are buried in the backyard! :unsure:

Well I have to report that in terms of time, I did set a new personal record on the very first stage of a super match. My after action report follows:

I was into the 3rd round of my rifle string when round #4 would not chamber. Try as I might that little coward would not enter the breech in order to engage the enemy as was his duty to perform. I tried to shake it out the top and the little bugger was having none of that. He just wanted to hide deep within the recesses of the carrier.

I obviously couldn't get my fingers down there to grab him by his scrawny little neck but luckily, my #2 son, Santa Fe River Stan rode to the rescue with reinforcements. He quickly described the method of extracting the "offensive round" through the loading gate. I pushed the carrier down all the way and with my finger pushed in the loading gate trying my best to entice that little coward out...again he was having none of it. Seems my finger was blocking his escape route. So, I pulled out my trusty screw knife, "quickly" pushed in the loading gate, shook the devil out of the '73 and out he came...falling to the ground shivering in pure terror.

I reloaded a braver new round and 110.97 seconds later, I had a clean stage! :D

I captured the little coward, saw that his case was split which caused the whole frustrating issue. I incarcerated the "offending round" and kept him detained in my gun cart until I cam bring him back to homestation and determine his fate.

I'll be danged if I was going to allow this "Arnold Bendict" round as we in the SBSS refer to his cowardly kind who just don't want to assault the enemy, to cost me a clean match no matter how long it took to extract him from the battlefield and send in a more worthy replacement. :FlagAm:

Everyone had a good laugh about it all weekend and it was the crossing of a new personal frontier in my shooting life...a 110.97 second stage....but CLEAN! ;)

Archived