SASS Wire Forum

New CAS club starting up in Eastern Oregon

Hey y'all, I just wanted to let you fine folks in my part of the world and beyond that there's a new CAS group starting up in Eastern Oregon; Baker City, Oregon to be precise. Once upon a time there was a group calling themselves "The Vigilantes of Virtue" that flourished for a while then folks moved, experienced lifestyle changes, etc. so the club languished and the shooting stopped...

Well, as of last night, the Virtue Flat Shootist Society became a reality! Hunt Mountain Drifter and I approached the Powder River Sportsmens Club about reviving CAS at their range, and were greeted with the nod of approval. We're tentatively scheduled for the second Saturday of the month, April through October 2014, pending the calendar guy's confirmation.

Come on out and shoot with us! We're gonna do some big and close, or some not so big, or some not so close, or all of the above, but however it works out we're pretty sure that everybody involved is gonna have a shootin' good time!

Our plan at present is to keep track of scores and standings throughout the whole season then have some overall category awards at the end of the run. Might even be some food involved with that part of it; we'll just have to see for sure when the time comes...

Hey Charlie:

Wife and I will be traveling into your area about mid July 2014 and will be looking forward to shooting with you all.

If you have any info on this send to us.

Jackrabbit & Sly Puppy

Peoria, Az.

jgp3749@cox.net

Keep us on the mailing list. Squaw Butte is on the first Su, OTRR 2nd Su and 3rd Sat, so your proposed date will be good for those of us in SW ID etc.

Will do, Butch. Thanks for thinking of us!

Hey Charlie:

Wife and I will be traveling into your area about mid July 2014 and will be looking forward to shooting with you all.

If you have any info on this send to us.

Jackrabbit & Sly Puppy

Peoria, Az.

jgp3749@cox.net

Thanks, Joe! As soon as I hear for sure about the second Saturday, I'll be sure and let you know!

Archived