SASS Wire Forum

The king has no clothes

Trigger Mike

Why is it that every time an actress or actor goes on stage or out in public virtually naked it makes news? Today there is some article about some girl I do not know named Jamie alexander about how she wore no underwear and a sheer dress with only blotches of dark cloth barely covering and that gives you flashes as she walks. Why do I care? What happened to shame and wanting to keep your body a secret? Don't people know that the more you keep secret the more people want to see what the secret is? What happened to the fable of the king?

nobody cares when I don't wear drawers!

WHEW.... for a moment there... well, ...ya know....

Because actors are immensely newsworthy that's why. :rolleyes:

As far as these people are concerned, any publicity is good publicity. The sad thing is, it seems to be true.

That's the reason they do it and no other. They aren't on the A team and so the free lance photographers are useful to them and not a pain in the neck. If you're famous, it's cool to hold the photographers in disdain. When you're scrambling for publicity, flashing the crowd, with the paparazzi snapping pictures as you enter your car, gets you important notoriety and makes you a commodity These people work hard and most are never noticed beyond a few crummy commercials and occsional walk-on's for TV and if they are lucky, a movie. Often their walk-on is cut and left on the floor. If they do get lucky and have some mnor part praised or panned (praised is great, panned is good too), they need to keep the momentum going, so flashing their privates is a bit of a shortcut.

How do I know this? Why, I'm on my way up right now! Last week I was out by the fence and, let's just say it's a long way back to the house. Right about that time about 5 women on bicycles pedaled by on the road and started screaming and cheering. I waved back. Heck I'm now waiting on my interview with the Tribune! :lol:

Why is it that every time an actress or actor goes on stage or out in public virtually naked it makes news? Today there is some article about some girl I do not know named Jamie alexander about how she wore no underwear and a sheer dress with only blotches of dark cloth barely covering and that gives you flashes as she walks. Why do I care? What happened to shame and wanting to keep your body a secret? Don't people know that the more you keep secret the more people want to see what the secret is? What happened to the fable of the king?

Actors and entertainers are in the exhibitionist business. Whether it's their talent or their "talents", they are about being seen and rewarded fro their performance. Some are better at acting, or at least playing a role, and others are better at being looked at. At least there are some in the pack that are worth looking at, there are oh so many who are drawing attention to themselves that are just ugly - inside and out.

You might as well ask why so many folks, even ordinary folks, are willing to overtly exposure their private lives on social media. An inflated sense of self-worth compounded by voyouristic curiosity.

"Harumpf", said the old Yankee fart.

LL

There is iron in this old Yankee fart's word for all to hear.

I guess it all bothers me more that I am a father. When I was a child commercials may show a package of underwear or a manikin wearing the underwear under clothes, then it switched to people wearing them under clothes, now days underwear is out and see thru clothes are in. Just does not make sense to me. Why not just go with the original fig leaves or nothing at all if we are going to do all that.

You might as well ask why so many folks, even ordinary folks, are willing to overtly exposure their private lives on social media. An inflated sense of self-worth compounded by voyouristic curiosity.

"Harumpf", said the old Yankee fart.

LL

Indeed!

I can NOT accept nor understand the fascination with "The Book of Faces." :wacko:

That thing has been the greatest cause of heartache, heartbreak, animosity and distrust since alcohol was invented. :huh:

(Not to mention how downright stoopid some folk make themselves look)

Has anyone ever noticed that Ernest Borgnine, Rodney Dangerfield, Roseanne Barr, Whoopie Goldberg, Richard Bull, Paula Poundstone, George Burns, Victor French, Rosie O'Donnell, and host of others have never used that trick to gain attention?

Wonder why!

Posted · Hidden by Allie Mo, SASS No. 25217, November 10, 2013 - Language
Hidden by Allie Mo, SASS No. 25217, November 10, 2013 - Language

Why is it that every time an actress or actor goes on stage or out in public virtually naked it makes news?

Highest priced whores are better known?

Has anyone ever noticed that Ernest Borgnine, Rodney Dangerfield, Roseanne Barr, Whoopie Goldberg, Richard Bull, Paula Poundstone, George Burns, Victor French, Rosie O'Donnell, and host of others have never used that trick to gain attention?

Wonder why!

I would not classify that crowd as being good to look at. ^_^

Archived