SASS Wire Forum

New face of the NRA

Rye Miles #13621

I guess it's official. I am NOT the younger generation.

My first thought, upon seeing a guy with a shaved head, an Amish beard an tattoos covering his arms, holding a gun, would not be, "Ah, a fellow-gun enthusiast. A believer in the Second Amendment".

Nope. My first thought would be, "RUN!!!"

And that first picture. Posed, holding the pistol, with the intense look on his face and the three "scarey" "Evil Black Rifles", leaning up against what I at first took to be in inside of a van. Gang Banger? Nazi skin-head?

Really? That's the image they want?

Damn, I'm old.

I do know a fair number of decent young folks who have tattoos, exterme hairstyles, piercings, etc. You should never judge a book by it's cover....but the sad truth is, most people do. Picking a guy who looks like this for a national, visible spokesman may not be a good tactical move. Kind of a weird twist on the old "I'm the NRA" campaign. :huh:

I hope you all watched the video. If not, please do. He gets it, and he will be able to speak to the next generation of NRA members.

+1. He most certainly "get's it". While this is a bit of a departure for the NRA, you do have to keep the target demographic in mind. Gang, we're not gettting any younger. If we want our 2nd amendment rights to be passed on to the next generation, we need to appeal to them as well.

I worked in a gun shop/range part time until a few months ago and I can tell you 50% of the young people that came in looked similar to this young dude. You know the old adage,"You can't judge a book by it's cover"? Well, I learned that waiting on thses young-uns. They were as nice and polite as could be and loved their guns as much as we all do.

Calamity said it well, "We ain't gettin' any younger and we want our 2nd amendment rights passed to the next gen. ;) Rye

I know quite a few younger gun enthusiasts who look a lot like this guy and they believe in the 2nd amendment just as passionately as most of us do.

It's a big tent, and there's room for everyone who has respect for the 2nd. Imagine what we look like to him.....

LL

We look like his parents...or grand parents. :D

They will try to appeal to the hispanic crowd by putting a spokesman in a sombrero and poncho. If they ever try to get the jewish crowd, oyvey!!

http://jpfo.org

These guys already got it covered!

And another thing, do the major broadcast and cable networks refuse to run NRA commercials? Running them on hunting and outdoors shows is only preaching to the choir and misses a large segment of the fence sitting population if you ask me.

You show them where you can and get the word out where you can. There are lot of the shooting public that does not belong to the NRA but watches the hunting and shooting shows. Major networks will never run them on their liberal stations. Showing their commercials where some will see them is better than not showing them and no one sees them. there are way too many "fence sitters" today. While the NRA may not be perfect, it is the largest of the groups that supports the rights of gun owning Americans. "I am the NRA" .

I remember when people said ugly things about my long hair and beard.........40 years ago....

You show them where you can and get the word out where you can. There are lot of the shooting public that does not belong to the NRA but watches the hunting and shooting shows. Major networks will never run them on their liberal stations. Showing their commercials where some will see them is better than not showing them and no one sees them. there are way too many "fence sitters" today. While the NRA may not be perfect, it is the largest of the groups that supports the rights of gun owning Americans. "I am the NRA" .

I'd like to see them say they tried to run commercials on NBC etc and were refused.There are millions of Americans who own a firearm for home defense or occasional pliniking who don't watch outdoor channels. The only thing they see about the NRA is the slanted biased reporting of the msm. They need to see a different view. Thew old NRA commercials used to be shown on the networks.

Here is novel idea, those of use that are NRA members need to convince non-members to join the NRA. This can be done in a variety of ways from sending e-mails, postings on facebook, other social media and the old fashon way of a face to face talk. If several people are passing along the word then more would join and thousands or even millions would have been contacted. Sending and resending the message will get more members, probably more than what their commercial will get them.

There is also thousands that do watch the sportsman/outdoor channels that are not NRA members the commercial may do some good. The bottom line is there is no one way of getting new members or even getting old members that have not rejoined to beck a member again.

Liberal TV will not run NRA commercials.

Here is novel idea, those of use that are NRA members need to convince non-members to join the NRA. This can be done in a variety of ways from sending e-mails, postings on facebook, other social media and the old fashon way of a face to face talk. If several people are passing along the word then more would join and thousands or even millions would have been contacted. Sending and resending the message will get more members, probably more than what their commercial will get them.

There is also thousands that do watch the sportsman/outdoor channels that are not NRA members the commercial may do some good. The bottom line is there is no one way of getting new members or even getting old members that have not rejoined to beck a member again.

Liberal TV will not run NRA commercials.

How do you know the liberal tv will not run NRA commercial

I wouldn't say this is the "new face" of the NRA. Just an additional one.

Archived