SASS Wire Forum

BOAZ & The Biscuit Bustin Gang

Widder, SASS #59054

Well, some of the story is alittle made up. Maybe even an outright lie.

But the names ain't been changed cause NONE of us are innocent.

Anyhow, our good pard and fellow JEDI GF Boaz Longhorn is planning a side trip on Saturday to shoot with the OUTLAWS at Oak Ridge.

BOAZ has already giving me excuses and telling me all about his favorite SG, 'Puff the Majik 87', is at the doctors office this week and might not be ready for action on Saturday. mmmmmm..sound familiar?

Anyhow, he sez that he's got some of our local and notorious Gunfighters and Outlaws in his sights and he's wanting to set the record straight. mmmmmmmm..sound familiar?

He already mentioned names liked Last Kiss, Fast Harley, Tn Tombstone, Kid Ziggy, Slater, and even ME.

mmmmmmmmm..sound familiar?

Fast Harley has a stage where a couple biscuits are to be engaged with the SG. No Jam on these Biscuits...just lead.

And with 'Puff the Majik 87' being ill, Boaz might choke on dry dough on this stage.

I helped with setup for this match and its gona be a dandy. Even ole Boaz might get close to clean and a sub 100 for 5 stages.....even without Puff the Majik 87.

This is the kind of match that even Korupt Karl could do well..... mmmmmm..sound familiar?

BOAZ & The Biscuit Bustin Gang say.....bring it on!

There will be enough FUN AND BISCUITS for everyone.

..........Widder

Ask Boaz to show you the button I gave him (he earned it). He's supposed to wear it until he beats me at a match where he's wearing it, let me know if he has it on in Tennessee. He'll know what I'm talking about.

Ask Boaz to show you the button I gave him (he earned it). He's supposed to wear it until he beats me at a match where he's wearing it, let me know if he has it on in Tennessee. He'll know what I'm talking about.

Buff; If you are referring to the "Buffy's Bitches" pin. I thought Boaz beat you at Indiana State and threw it back at ya. I mean, I was there when it happened....or am I missing something?

A note to my pard Boaz.....watch out for my friend Widder.....he is a crafty ole Jedi and will use mind tricks on ya....and he's pretty darn fast ta boot.

KK

Buff; If you are referring to the "Buffy's Bitches" pin. I thought Boaz beat you at Indiana State and threw it back at ya. I mean, I was there when it happened....or am I missing something?

Yep, you missed Alabama's Ambush at Cavern Cove.

Boaz, it will be good to see you again. Look forward to the lessons I am sure you will be offering to all us GF's. See you Saturday.

Not sure this boy reads the wire. Heck - not sure he can read :P But he sure can shoot :excl: Go get 'em, Boaz

CR

I think you are correct.

BUT, I talked with him on the phone Monday evening and he knew I was gona create alittle 'colored conversation' on the Wire. BOAZ is a great Pard, as many of you already know.

We are honored to have him travel down this way for other reasons but yet he wanted to take time to drop in and shoot with the world famous ORSA OUTLAWS, home of OUTLAW shooting and Gunfighter Paradise. We usually have anywhere from 8 to 12 Gunfighters on any given monthly.

And those ornery OUTLAWS seem to multiply at every match.

Hey, we'll have more BIG TALK on Saturday. And we'll have BOAZ to help us BIG TALK.

It will be alot of fun, no doubt.

..........Widder

I think you are correct.

BUT, I talked with him on the phone Monday evening and he knew I was gona create alittle 'colored conversation' on the Wire. BOAZ is a great Pard, as many of you already know.

We are honored to have him travel down this way for other reasons but yet he wanted to take time to drop in and shoot with the world famous ORSA OUTLAWS, home of OUTLAW shooting and Gunfighter Paradise. We usually have anywhere from 8 to 12 Gunfighters on any given monthly.

And those ornery OUTLAWS seem to multiply at every match.

Hey, we'll have more BIG TALK on Saturday. And we'll have BOAZ to help us BIG TALK.

It will be alot of fun, no doubt.

..........Widder

Widder-

Not only can he shoot, but he's a good Pard, as you said. Tell him Hey from CR. -

note to Widder - keep sharp and don't let up if you want to beat this lad. :D

CR

Boaz has been my nemesis at the Kentucky State match two years in a row. I really look forward to seeing

him this weekend. Not only is he a good shooter/gunfighter, I consider him a friend.

Interesting match I have for him, this time around, fast and friendly to all, I hope, but slightly old school on

two stages.

Hate to hear about his ailing shotgun, as many will say parts of this upcoming match are geared toward '97.

If you want to test yourself as a gunfighter, or outlaw, Oak Ridge (Outlaws) is the place to do it.

Harley.

Ya know, all I wanted to do was bring the girlfriend to TN and see the fall colors, take a stroll through the mountains and stop and see, even shoot with some friends. Sounds like I should bring my muck boots with me, cause the talk is gettin deep on here. May be able to talk her into makin some gravy for those biscuits.

Yes my main 87 is still in surgery as of yet, but the back up is still runnin fine.

We are gettin excited about the trip. Thanks to all for the kind words, its what makes this sport lovable. That and shootin 2 pistols at the same time.

See ya'll in a few days,

Boaz

Note to CR...gonna try to fine some good Smokey Mnt. cigars, if I do, I'll save one for you for our next visit. (what excuse could I use to travel to Iowa that she would fall for?)

Ya know, all I wanted to do was bring the girlfriend to TN and see the fall colors, take a stroll through the mountains and stop and see, even shoot with some friends. Sounds like I should bring my muck boots with me, cause the talk is gettin deep on here. May be able to talk her into makin some gravy for those biscuits.

Yes my main 87 is still in surgery as of yet, but the back up is still runnin fine.

We are gettin excited about the trip. Thanks to all for the kind words, its what makes this sport lovable. That and shootin 2 pistols at the same time.

See ya'll in a few days,

Boaz

Note to CR...gonna try to fine some good Smokey Mnt. cigars, if I do, I'll save one for you for our next visit. (what excuse could I use to travel to Iowa that she would fall for?)

You could come to our Charity Shoot, but that conflicts with Ohio State (Memorial weekend). We have the best pork chops in the world, on the house if you can get here. One of our clubs with good camping on site does an occasional Saturday afternoon match with the Sunday match following. If you're up to travel next year, I'll let you know when.

Shoot straight, shoot fast. That Widder may be old, but he's sneaky!!

CR

BOAZ,

Ahhhhhh, another 'Puff the Majik 87 #2'. I guess you and SLATER will have to duke it out with them 87's and the rest of us will just stand back and watch you YOUNG speed demons perform.

Weather is looking good for Saturday with coolness in the morning and warming to low 60's and sunny.

and the BIG Harley store down the street will have their doors open just for you... :lol: They said to bring lots of money.

Ya won't need any money for the match. This one will be on me.

Safe travel my friend.

and remember: when you go past the Weigels, turn left onto Monterey. Travel the short 'S' curve and take a sharp left (if you don't turn left, you'll run thru a big security gate).

THEN, take an IMMEDIATE right into the range gate entrance. The code will be on the key pad. Come up the drive and follow it to the right for our parking area.

either call me tonight or I'll try to call you to see ifn I need to bring you anything.

..........Widder

"....sneaky". Yep. I couldn't have said it better..... :lol::lol::lol:

..........Widder

We old guys always have used treachery to defeat the "youts".....KK

Good news, Good news...she is outa ICU and in my hands. With Lassiter behind the scaple, never worried about her...

Headed south in about an hour, guns..check, ammo..check, shootin with the Outlaws..priceless...oh ya, can't forget to pick up Rochelle too...

You have to ask????

:lol::lol::lol:

I'm thinkin it's in reference to that little prop plane that carries all them mini-guns and millions of rounds of ammo to pepper a battle field and destroy everthing in its range.

Its like: 'PUFF'...now you see it and now you don't.

p.s. - my 97's are named 'Enchantress'.

..........Widder

BD:

he shot a very VERY good match on Saturday.

His initial start was alittle off. Weather was cool.

And, he's not very good at shootin biscuits on the ground ... :lol::lol::lol:

But other than that, he was smokin and dingin em fast for the most part of the match.

I started out well edging him and Slater on our first 2 stages (4 & 5). But after they got their minds in the game, my train ride took a big detour south, ifn ya know what I mean.

It was a super fun day and we were joshin back and forth during the whole match. I kept telling Boaz on every stage "Hey Boaz...let me show you how its done". But I fell fell short as the day progressed.

Slater is one of our younger GFer's....i think he's only about 30 or so. He's got the speed with guns (particularly the pistols) and foot movements. I had a feeling that after GOA, it was gona be another close one between Boaz and Slater. It was great to watch both of them using their 87's.

There's always next time... ;)

..........Widder

Well, Boaz is still my nemesis. I shot clean and still couldn't catch him.

I was really good to have him visit, and I wish now I hadn't made that comment about

his shotgun. Didn't mean to jinx it. It gave up on the first stage and I think that

caused him to briefly lose focus. Otherwise he shot a really good match.

Slater, by the way, was impressive all day.

Like Widder says, there's always next time.

Harley.

I enjoyed meeting Boaz last weekend and hopefully he will stop by again someday to shoot with us. Don't listen to Widder, Boaz, when he tells you that I am the infamous Too Tall. I had my troubles that day and glad

you weren't on my posse to see it. Oh well, maybe next time I will be running on all cylinders and we can posse up together. See you soon.

….Too Tall….

Rochelle and I would like to thank all the Outlaws for the hospitality. It was great to see old friends and make new ones. The range was awsome and stages were fun and fast. Thought the gravy I brought would explode, but was still interesting. Will try to make it an annual thing on my schedule.

Maybe next time Widder can truely show me how its done. (I know he knows how) Slater was at his best and one never knows how the cards will fall. Good shootin pard...we will go neck and neck again.

Again, thanks for a great time...

Boaz

"the non biscuit shooter"

Archived