SASS Wire Forum

When a miss is called clean. Whats your call?

Marshal Dan Troop 70448

It's not a miss....it's a penalty for an unfired round that just happens to have the same value.....5 seconds.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

PaleWolf you scare me sometimes :wacko::o:blink:

And that's a good thing. After what he's been through the last several months. :):) :)

PaleWolf you scare me sometimes :wacko::o:blink:

It's gotten worse since I quit smokin' back in May...now my insurance co. says I gotta get my meds via mail order...7-10 days to process...this is NOT a "good thing". :angry:

Might be time to start drinkin' again...after almost 30 years without.

:ph34r:

He ain't much betta on Tuesdays...if'n he wasn't clear across the country, I might have to do something to get his attention & clear his head a bit once in a while.

;)

I am in need of adult supervision. You got any time?

He ain't much betta on Tuesdays...if'n he wasn't clear across the country, I might have to do something to get his attention & clear his head a bit once in a while.

;)

Wolfie, I shoot with Wyatt all winter, I can be hired dunt cha know!

My wife has been telling me I need to work to support my habit, this would be a good start!

cpbc

Wolfie, I shoot with Wyatt all winter, I can be hired dunt cha know!

My wife has been telling me I need to work to support my habit, this would be a good start!

cpbc

PM/email me your weekly rates.

You supply your own ammo, right??

how do you write the sound of sticking your tongue out and making noise?

Wolfy, will do!

how do you write the sound of sticking your tongue out and making noise?

:P this is close...will have to use your auditory imagination, tho.

:P this is close...will have to use your auditory imagination, tho.

well then,

Hey Allie..... :P:P :P :P:P;)

It's not a miss....it's a penalty for an unfired round that just happens to have the same value.....5 seconds.

I understand and agree with this - but how would you score this using ACES? As a miss?

KEEEEERECT....only 5 sec penalty "SCORED THE SAME AS A MISS"

I'm thinking the stage only called for 9 rounds with the tenth being a bonus, especially since a miss would not have been counted ...I know the stage was stated as calling for 10 rounds, I'm just saying that since you could miss and not count it, or if you did hit you get a bonus, then the normal rules wouldn't apply. It seems the stage instructions trumped the normal rules.

I'm thinking the stage only called for 9 rounds with the tenth being a bonus, especially since a miss would not have been counted ...I know the stage was stated as calling for 10 rounds, I'm just saying that since you could miss and not count it, or if you did hit you get a bonus, then the normal rules wouldn't apply. It seems the stage instructions trumped the normal rules.

Hi Red,

Not if the ammo count was 10 rifle.

Regards,

Allie

Hi Red,

Not if the ammo count was 10 rifle.

Regards,

Allie

Hi Allie,

Oh no I totally get the actual outcome and such, I'm just saying "in my thinking" it sounds like that's what happened...or something like that :-)

Um, ok. So what if you don't want it to require any more than "engagement"?

Is this a situation where writing the stage to say "... then with your 10th round ENGAGE the bonus target for a 5 second bonus."

Does that correctly modify the rule so that only engagement is required or does more need to be said if you don't want to penalize for the round not going downrange?

Is this a situation where writing the stage to say "... then with your 10th round ENGAGE the bonus target for a 5 second bonus."

Does that correctly modify the rule so that only engagement is required or does more need to be said if you don't want to penalize for the round not going downrange?

Hi Fast,

When the round count is a set number, you get a penalty for not firing the number. For example with a count of n+, we understand that n must be fired or there is a penalty. To explain further, using KDs, sometimes multiples will fall with one round. Say you get 6 plates down with 5 rounds, you still must fire the 6th round.

If you truly want the bonus optional, you would have to say something to the effect 9 in the ammo count with one optional reload, if you desire to engage the bonus.

Regards,

Allie

Regards,

Allie

I've learned TWO good things from this thread:

1. whatever WYATT calls for, odds are that the correct answer is the opposite answer ..... :lol::lol::lol:

2. Purdy Boy is now pimpin as a Psychologist. Rumor was that he was working at Chippendales. :ph34r:

..........Widder

I'll do JUST about anything that pays enuff... evun takin care of Wyatt, in what form is between Wolfie and me....

cpbc

ENGAGING would still require an "attempt to fire a round at the target" (per the SASS definition of the word...source cited here numerous times already).

Doing so negates the assessment of a PROCEDURAL for failing to do so...but NOT the 5-second penalty for the UNFIRED/ejectedround.

Hi Fast,

When the round count is a set number, you get a penalty for not firing the number. For example with a count of n+, we understand that n must be fired or there is a penalty. To explain further, using KDs, sometimes multiples will fall with one round. Say you get 6 plates down with 5 rounds, you still must fire the 6th round.

If you truly want the bonus optional, you would have to say something to the effect 9 in the ammo count with one optional reload, if you desire to engage the bonus.

Regards,

Allie

Regards,

Allie

Well put Miss Allie. ;)

First off: yesterday Purdy Boy was almost Ugly Boy when he came close to doing a face plant running up the coral at Miakka. He has trouble taking care of himownself. Don't pay him much

Second off: Widder it's easy being right all the time, but we can't get to page 3 without help and someone has to ask the questions that gets the folks to reply (even Col Dan...WOW, didn't see that one coming)

C: PWB hang in there it gets better. I haven't had a drink, a smoke or much that tastes good for two years. Stupid Doctors!

From now on I will try to be boring ;)

PWB that ole boy could be right next door and it would still be an all day chore for ya. Us'n's on the "list" have to uphold our lack of standards/

Hypotheticals:

1. Shooter knows he cannot hit the tiny #10 bonus target. For whatever reason, old eyes, never put the rifle on paper, etc. SO loads 9 and "engages" target ten by sort of aiming that direction, levering and dropping the hammer on empty chamber. What's the call, bear in mind he gains the time from round 9 to engagement only #10 because the timer doesn't pick up that faint click. ?

2. Shooter knows he cannot hit the tiny #10 bonus target so he loads 10 but intentionally jacks out the 10th round before "engaging" and dropping the hammer to the inaudible to the timer click.

PWB that ole boy could be right next door and it would still be an all day chore for ya. Us'n's on the "list" have to uphold our lack of standards/

Hypotheticals:

1. Shooter knows he cannot hit the tiny #10 bonus target. For whatever reason, old eyes, never put the rifle on paper, etc. SO loads 9 and "engages" target ten by sort of aiming that direction, levering and dropping the hammer on empty chamber. What's the call, bear in mind he gains the time from round 9 to engagement only #10 because the timer doesn't pick up that faint click. ?

2. Shooter knows he cannot hit the tiny #10 bonus target so he loads 10 but intentionally jacks out the 10th round before "engaging" and dropping the hammer to the inaudible to the timer click.

#1 Since one can not determine the shooter intentionally didn't load enough ammo assess 5 second penalty for unfired round.

#2 Since one cannot determine another person intentended to eject a round assess 5 second penalty for unfired round.

Unless there was more than 5 seconds of movement between rounds #9 and #10 the shooter gains no advantage for intentionally not firing the round.

Archived