SASS Wire Forum

THANKS- To The Cowhands That Put On The Shoots

No Horse Hair, SASS #77464

The shootin' season is windin' down in Southern Indiana and Illinois. We've had some winter shoots but the weather is hit and miss in these parts, and so is attendance. And I realize that the "chosen few" who do the load of the work probably aren't tired of shootin', they're tired of organizing! Most of my SASS shooting takes place at the Lakewoods Marshalls, Westside Sportsman's Club or Redbrush. I'd like to publicly thank the Cowhands that make it all happen at these ranges and all the others scattered around. Many of us stay around to help put up after a match and maybe show up for a workday and it's only right that we do. But that's just a little exercise compared to the real work of setting up and maintaining a range month after month, year after year. These are the people that make it happen against all obstacles. They're the ones that paint and hang the steel the day before and stay to turn off the lights when some of the shooters already have their boots propped up. So we all owe them a great big "THANKS" for a job well done. Look around where you shoot and seek out the ones that keep the wheels turnin'. Tell 'em how much you enjoy their efforts. And make yerself available when you see a way to throw in a hand. And most of all just say "THANKS FOR PUTTIN' ON A SHOOT"!

NO HORSE HAIR SAYS THANKS TO ALL THE PEOPLE THAT MAKE IT HAPPEN!

Archived