SASS Wire Forum

Gas Golf Cars

Come On Christmas

Would the pards kick sand in a Sr. Shooters face if he showed up in one of these here?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Yamaha-Drive-Golf-Cart-Complete-Curtis-Streetpro-Hard-Sided-Cab-System-Sandstone-/110960851441?pt=Motors_ATV_Parts_Accessories&hash=item19d5c839f1&vxp=mtr

Hey, does this even have a motor?

Anyway, talk to me bout the ins and outs of cart shopping.

Signed,

Crayfish with the bum knee, Senior Shooter this year.

Cool unit - I want one.

- BB

Oh - shucks - add $3,000 - hmmmm - out of my price range - but - a good looking rig.

- BB

Thats just the cover guys, add another 3k for the cart. I have seen folks at camp with 57 chevy and mustang bodies you can get as fancy as you want

Two years ago we bought a used electric golf cart from a dealer in Houston that had rented us a cart and trailer the summer before to take out to EOT. No other dealer would let us take a cart out of state except this guy. After using one at EOT, we decided we needed to have one for those ranges where the distances between stages are too far for two old, crippled fogies to walk and push a Rugged Gear cart.

Her name is The Silver Bullet and Lazarus has her fixed up so we can carry up to 8 long guns in racks and even tow a friend's Rugged Gear cart. We can shuttle 2 people on the back seat besides us in the front seat.

We don't use it at ranges where the stages are close or there isn't room for golf carts, but it is a lifesaver at several of the ranges where we shoot. If you can afford one, get one. Check out used carts at as many places as you can to get the best deal. If getting an electric one, make sure the batteries are in good to excellent condition as replacing them is a major expense.

Too stinkin' cute.

If it were a car, I'm sure there would be comments. As a golf cart, you're okay.

I've been thinking I need a scooter, my feet are giving me so much trouble. However, this would be tempting. The only problem is I would have to get a new trailer (a toy hauler) to take it to annuals.

So, when you get the trailer, if you don't already have one, consider how you would haul it.

Regards,

Allie Mo

I tripped over my own feet here 2 months ago. My shoulder and my knee have not been the same since. Just shook it off on the weekend. I got home and fell apart.

Promising Lady Jailbait I won't buy another motorcycle if I can get a trailer and cart. She could not believe her ears. Even said Tom you can get a three wheeler.

I may weigh buying a motorcycle and sidecar due to gas savings and wear and tear on my vehicles pulling a trailer. I looked at a Ural side hack motorcycle. They are huge beasts!

Thought about a Suzuki S40 650 single (used) and a Cozy Side Car. Royal Enfield has a 500 cc made since b4 WWII in India. Single barrel thumpers pull hard off the line.

I know I would have to relearn my motorcycle thinking to drive one.

On the Golf Cart side I could haul another Senior Shooter.

Prolly be next fall before I decide.

Crayfish

Hey 'Mo, don't you have room in the back of your truck for a small 'cart'??

LG

How would I get it in and out? I do not unhook... Please don't suggest I do so as I can barely back up without hitting something.

Now, I would have room on the back of the trailer for a small hover thingy instead of a gun cart, if it were not too heavy.

AM

We bought a used Yamaha Gas Golf Cart several years ago due to aging issues and difficulty walking. I built a box on the back for long guns and gear that locks up and is fairly weather tight too. We use it where it does us the most good. I drive it up into the bed of our Dodge Megacab pickup before hooking up to the trailer. Check at local golf courses to see if some of the older duffers might have one for sale. They seem to take pretty good care of them. Batteries for carts are expensive so be careful when shopping for a cart that they are in good shape.

Kid Kneestone

Too stinkin' cute.

If it were a car, I'm sure there would be comments. As a golf cart, you're okay.

I've been thinking I need a scooter, my feet are giving me so much trouble. However, this would be tempting. The only problem is I would have to get a new trailer (a toy hauler) to take it to annuals.

So, when you get the trailer, if you don't already have one, consider how you would haul it.

Regards,

Allie Mo

It sounds like you need a good looking guy to come in the evening and massage your feet...

Texas Lizard

Many larger golf courses lease their golf carts from the mfg. They replace them usually either yearly or every two years. You can purchase these carts from the mfg dirt cheap. I have a close friend that has a thriving business buying the year old carts from the mfg, refurbishing them, most with tons of unique/fancy mofifications and sells as many as he can make. He started in his garage, then to a leased building, and now in another leased building about the size of three basketball courts. The gas powered carts are used in mostly the northern climates in the US versus electric carts in the more Southern climates. I see no reason why an electric cart wouuld not work also. My electric cart will make it two rounds of golf if needed before recharge, but I never do it, as that is hard on batteries. One round of golf would be far less driving than a multi day CAS match. Recharge time is about two hours for half depleted batteries, which is where you really need to charge them for longest battery life.

Your a strange girl......... :lol::lol:

You have NO idea LG....no idea at all.......

Ooooops.....did I say that with my "outside" voice? :ph34r:

EC

EC

Trust me, I know :D .......I gave her the nickname of "Crash" Mo. :ph34r:

The real fun starts, when you have Allie and my wife :wub: together at an event or on the same posse.............. :lol:

BTW-They both make good look'n "Saloon Girls" too. ^_^

L(in hide'n now)G

Eww Eww looking at 4 wheelers. Makey removeable leaning rifle/Shotgun rack on the luggage rack. Don't need big engine (although may strain engine :~>= ) As low as $500 plus a van or truck the wifey wanted me to buy anyway. Oh and a ramp.

Money left over for Henry 1860 I have always wanted.

Crayfish

EC

Trust me, I know :D .......I gave her the nickname of "Crash" Mo. :ph34r:

The real fun starts, when you have Allie and my wife :wub: together at an event or on the same posse.............. :lol:

BTW-They both make good look'n "Saloon Girls" too. ^_^

L(in hide'n now)G

Hey! I can "hear" you. :lol:

:wub: anyway.

How would I get it in and out? I do not unhook... Please don't suggest I do so as I can barely back up without hitting something.

Now, I would have room on the back of the trailer for a small hover thingy instead of a gun cart, if it were not too heavy.

AM

Hey Allie, my cart goes in the back of my truck and I do not have to disconnect my trailer to get it in and out and often I don't. And it's easy enough for me to do it myself. You could do it no problem. I can't remember what your tow vehicle is, but it would need to be a truck to get a set up like mine to work.

Hey Allie, my cart goes in the back of my truck and I do not have to disconnect my trailer to get it in and out and often I don't. And it's easy enough for me to do it myself. You could do it no problem. I can't remember what your tow vehicle is, but it would need to be a truck to get a set up like mine to work.

Hmmm,

I'll check it out next time I see you!

MDJ, can you post a picture of your set up?

Allie's truck(IIRC)is a 'short-bed' type. That already has a 3K, watt 'genny' and water tank in the bed.

Allie just needs to get a 30' Class "A" and pull the cart on a trailer behind it........ ;)

Hey Crash---------"Can you hear me now"?....................... :lol::lol::P

:ph34r:

L(who is 'so-dead')G

Allie's truck(IIRC)is a 'short-bed' type. That already has a 3K, watt 'genny' and water tank in the bed.

Allie just needs to get a 30' Class "A" and pull the cart on a trailer behind it........ ;)

L(who is 'so-dead')G

Lumpy Dear,

Close but not quite. I have a 6500 Honda (IIRC, I always forget these things, anyway it is a 6xxx something) and a 35 gallon water tank. Yes the truck is a short bed. I'm thinking I could put a thingy on the back of the trailer where the gun cart is or, if I were getting a new trailer, I'd get a toy hauler. Yes, I think that is the "ticket."

A (who will so take care of you later) M

Alli If you did some of your own reloading, the guy doing the reloading might have time to rub your feet - just sayin

As far as getting sand kicked in the face per the original post, not with the doors closed. Do they have AC?? A real necessity out here in Sunny AZ.

Alli If you did some of your own reloading, the guy doing the reloading might have time to rub your feet - just sayin...

Ouch! :o

Hubby has told me that I must do my own reloading :( (unless the neighbor, who loaded my last bunch of rifle ammo and cast bullets for himself and us takes pity on me).

Hubby has hand issues as do I...

L(who is 'so-dead')G

I will see about pictures, easier if I can text them to you...PM me with a phone # anyone who does text and wants pics.

Two years ago we bought a used electric golf cart from a dealer in Houston that had rented us a cart and trailer the summer before to take out to EOT. No other dealer would let us take a cart out of state except this guy. After using one at EOT, we decided we needed to have one for those ranges where the distances between stages are too far for two old, crippled fogies to walk and push a Rugged Gear cart.

Her name is The Silver Bullet and Lazarus has her fixed up so we can carry up to 8 long guns in racks and even tow a friend's Rugged Gear cart. We can shuttle 2 people on the back seat besides us in the front seat.

We don't use it at ranges where the stages are close or there isn't room for golf carts, but it is a lifesaver at several of the ranges where we shoot. If you can afford one, get one. Check out used carts at as many places as you can to get the best deal. If getting an electric one, make sure the batteries are in good to excellent condition as replacing them is a major expense.

If you truly need such transportation then go for it. However, there are ranges that are so cluttered by golf carts that they are unpleasant to shoot.

If you truly need such transportation then go for it. However, there are ranges that are so cluttered by golf carts that they are unpleasant to shoot.

Now Noz,

Just be thankful you don't need one.

I only know a few folks who use golf carts and they really do need help.

I really do like the small scooters, like Mad Dog Jack and Wimpy use. They don't take up much room at all. The last few weeks I've been thinking I need one. I will hold off until I see how Earthwalker boots work for me.

Regards,

Allie

Back to the topic of "GAS" golf carts. In my opinion you need to make sure you buy a one with a "4CYCLE" engine if you don't buy electric. They are much quieter than 2 cycle engines and are less likely to be smokey.

Marlin(Who will be going golf carting soon)Buckhorn

Archived