SASS Wire Forum

insurance

Trigger Mike

I spent several years in insurance both personal and commercial. One thing I learned the hard way was just because 6 people came to my office and bought an insurance policy from me one day, did not mean that I would be paid for those 6 policies. The check may bounce on one, the buyer would have buyers remorse and cancel right away, or just plain miss the next months payment that was due. We would have to work at getting them to make the payment good, but sometimes they just would not pay again.

just sayin

Really? You mean (if I read your post correctly) 3 people would end up paying higher rates because the other 3 didn't pay (or got theirs for free)?

Who would have thought it...GREAT SCOTTS!. I hope those in Washington don't read this, it would give them ideas....

sometimes they would buy the insurance, fail to make the next payment, get cancelled, and right around cancellation have a large claim they wanted us to pay. The other thing they would do is buy the insurance, get the insurance cards, fail to pay the next premium and tell everyone they had insurance and use the cards for proof.

Once in a while someone unscrupulous would even copy the insurance cards and sell them to folks who did not have insurance so they could claim they did as well.

Archived