SASS Wire Forum

THE Rifle for Utah Bob

Subdeacon Joe

There is a big tactical weapons store near us. I have 0.0 interest in black rifles but a guy said they have "other stuff". I found myself on the same plaza with time to kill while Mary shopped for warn and knitting supplies so I did a walk through. I was greeted on entry and invited to take any gun down, cycle it and snap the trigger, if I wanted. I thanked him and did a circle around the showroom and right back out the front. Nothing for me.

That "Rifle" is still incomplete. It needs a USB port and a cup holder.

"WIFI" would take away from it's period correctness.

I think Bob would have a hard time figuring out what HAT to wear with that :D

I don't think I have a dunce cap. :D :D

Probably should though. :huh:

Ive wondered how much of this tactical stuff that is on the market that real life tactical peaple atually use?.......Ive seen "tactical tomahwaks" advertised. i wonder what the heck a tactical person would use something like that for?...backup in case they run out of ammo?....The political incorrect types might say the tomahawks have a racist implication. :blink:

$$$$$$$$$$$

Lots of TV shows with tactical gear. Wannabes go for that stuff. No matter that they have no training, it just looks cool.

And as any modern person knows, looks are everything.

Ive wondered how much of this tactical stuff that is on the market that real life tactical peaple atually use?.......Ive seen "tactical tomahwaks" advertised. i wonder what the heck a tactical person would use something like that for?...backup in case they run out of ammo?....The political incorrect types might say the tomahawks have a racist implication. :blink:

Actually tomahawks are still in use by the US military and were used by certain units in Vietnam and are standard issue for some units today. It remains both a practical tool and useful for hand to hand combat.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tomahawk_(axe)

I don't know the story behind it, I just found the photo. I suspect that, with all that junk on it, someone is making a statement against all the tactical stuff that seems to be the new fad in the gun world now.

And rightly so.

I saw an ad for a "tactical" cell phone carrier, and seen camouflaged toothbrushes for sale.

Getting as stupid as all the zombie crap.

And rightly so.

I saw an ad for a "tactical" cell phone carrier, and seen camouflaged toothbrushes for sale.

But, But, Zombies are real Forty Rod, there are about 600 of them in Washington DC and I don't know how many we have in Sacramento

The Tomahawks that were used in Vietnam were private purchases manufactured by Pete LaGana. Both the Army and Marines looked at them as possible issue weapons but they were never approved. Unofficially, there may still be some individuals carrying them now....with or without local commander's approval.

Had one issued as a member of the ship's boarding party back in the Dark Ages. Officially it was s'posed to be used for opening crates for inspection, cutting interfering lines, and other "innocent" purposes. 'Course, none of us really believed that and we kept a pretty good edge on 'em! :)

I was issued a P38.

Also deadly. But tetanus takes longer.

And rightly so.

There goes the surprise out of your Christmas present. I got you a Tactical Zombie Camouflaged Toothbrush complete with bayonet, night vision, laser sights and a quad railed holder.

That is just wrong on so many levels. I do also notice one thing around me. There are a lot of "tactical tommy's" I see at the shooting park, and some of those rifles are so covered up with the black ops stuff that you can hardly tell they are a rifle, and they can't even hold and fire them without sitting them on a bench. ARs can be fun to shoot, but I like a rifle to look like a rifle.

One thing I have noticed is that the more "tactical" the rifle, the less likely they ever served

The Tomahawks that were used in Vietnam were private purchases manufactured by Pete LaGana. Both the Army and Marines looked at them as possible issue weapons but they were never approved. Unofficially, there may still be some individuals carrying them now....with or without local commander's approval.

Actually they are official issue and have a NSN number, primarily it seems to be as an entry/rescue tool and is part of a Stryker vehicle's equipment list.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tomahawk_(axe)#Military_application

Actually they are official issue and have a NSN number, primarily it seems to be as an entry/rescue tool and is part of a Stryker vehicle's equipment list.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tomahawk_(axe)#Military_application

Har! Entry/Rescue Tool. Pretty crappy as a rescue tool. Blade needs to be a lot wider.

Might help some Haji to enter paradise through the hole in his skull maybe. :D

Archived