SASS Wire Forum

Rossi and Puma

Chief Rick

Two different company's . The Braztechs are made in Brazil. The Legacy's are made in Italy(Chiappa) I believe. The Legacy has a higher degree of "fit and finish". The Braztech is a little rougher. I chose a Braztech and did about an hours work (I am a terminal tinkerer) and it is smooth as glass.it is my main match rifle and I love it! Not as fast as a '73(I'm not fast enough to out run it), but a '92 can be made slicker than a Marlin in my opinion. If you can't or don't want to work on it....get the Legacy :)

Two different company's . The Braztechs are made in Brazil. The Legacy's are made in Italy(Chiappa) I believe. The Legacy has a higher degree of "fit and finish". The Braztech is a little rougher. I chose a Braztech and did about an hours work (I am a terminal tinkerer) and it is smooth as glass.it is my main match rifle and I love it! Not as fast as a '73(I'm not fast enough to out run it), but a '92 can be made slicker than a Marlin in my opinion. If you can't or don't want to work on it....get the Legacy :)

+1 on the Rossi 92.

Easy to slick up your self.

Videos on Youtube are a help.

As Ninety Caliber said ( I can not out run them )

I think the average shooter can NOT out run them.

If you are a fast shooter and will always shoot in the top 10 at your shoots.

You will want a 73 0r 66..

But the 92 is Ammo length sensitive.

If you shoot 38s .

You will need to load them long to the length of a 357.

This is accomplish this by crimping the bullet at the lube groove.

Good luck with your choice .

Archived