SASS Wire Forum

IMHO it's going to get worse.

I'm never surprised at anything that comes out of the Pentagon.

Aggravated and disgusted frequently, but never surprised.

I suspect it's one of that myriad of non-essential workers.

When I retired in 1985 the amount of non-military social engineering crap we had to endure was horrible. From what I read it's now much much worse.

It is so pitiful that the libs and even a few rinos want to ruin the finest military force in the world with social engineering.

We should be striving for the most proficient, not the most diverse, inclusive, tolerant, or compassionate.

There never has been a prize for "Second Place".

PF

Do you really need to ask?

Pansy (coward) lefties haven't really changed since the 60s, and they and their converts, are now in charge.

There, I said it.

PS, I'm not intending to paint all our left-leaning friends with this brush - I have some great friends on the other side of the aisle, but they have IQs above room temperature and disagree with this, as well - unlike the folks I am takiing about above.

Both of my boys went thru similar indoctrination at the University of Kansas in order to become resident assistants (dormitory staff) in the early 2000's. A disgusting agenda that cements a double standard and deepens the racial divide. As a federal employee, one of my sons still has to deal with this garbage.

Well, I'm certainly white and male and Christian and heterosexual, but the last time I checked, those were all legal, moral and valuable in a free society. I'm far from a son of privilege or a member of "the club". The only thing I'll inherit from Dad is a mortgage and male pattern baldness.

It seems to me that, in a misguided effort to combat prejudice, these folks are encouraging racial and social stereotypes that are egregiously wrong, and just as harmful as anything they think needs to be fixed.

I always thought of the military as a great leveler, where rank and duty supplanted petty social distinctions. I guess I watched too many movies.

LL

In (probably) 1973 I was required to attend an early version of this program at NAS Cecil Field in FL. The "facilitator" was a 2nd Class Petty Officer who was not a bad sort, but was clearly enthusiastic in his mission. As part of the program we were broken down into groups and had to come up with ways to enhance "equal opportunity." In those days the vestiges of segregation and discrimination were still quite apparant in both civilian and military society. After some discussion our group came to the conclusion that this entire effort was wrong-headed in that most of what we had been taught was "pie in the sky." We decided to bring it back to Earth in two ways. First, we said that when you say "equal opportunity" you have to closely define it, as in "equal opportunity for what?" That didn't make too many waves. The second part did; we devoted the last three min. of our presentation to a very satirical look at the entire program by arguing for a complete elimination of rank as any system of rank, by definition, could not be "equal." The entire class was rolling in the aisle, except for our enthusiastic 2nd Class. He was livid. We ended up with the OinC of the Detachment doing the training giving the class a modest "dressing down" for missing the point of the whole thing. I think he had his tongue in his cheek the whole time.

When I see stuff like this I come up with yet another candidate for elmination of waste, fraud, and abuse in the DoD.

SQQ

In (probably) 1973 I was required to attend an early version of this program at NAS Cecil Field in FL. The "facilitator" was a 2nd Class Petty Officer who was not a bad sort, but was clearly enthusiastic in his mission. As part of the program we were broken down into groups and had to come up with ways to enhance "equal opportunity." In those days the vestiges of segregation and discrimination were still quite apparant in both civilian and military society. After some discussion our group came to the conclusion that this entire effort was wrong-headed in that most of what we had been taught was "pie in the sky." We decided to bring it back to Earth in two ways. First, we said that when you say "equal opportunity" you have to closely define it, as in "equal opportunity for what?" That didn't make too many waves. The second part did; we devoted the last three min. of our presentation to a very satirical look at the entire program by arguing for a complete elimination of rank as any system of rank, by definition, could not be "equal." The entire class was rolling in the aisle, except for our enthusiastic 2nd Class. He was livid. We ended up with the OinC of the Detachment doing the training giving the class a modest "dressing down" for missing the point of the whole thing. I think he had his tongue in his cheek the whole time.

When I see stuff like this I come up with yet another candidate for elmination of waste, fraud, and abuse in the DoD.

SQQ

SQQ,

That sounds like the "Phase Two" training in the 1973 time frame? Were you around for the "Phase One" training (confrontational) that began in early 1972? Just back from Vietnam, we were herded into a room where we faced the earlier in the year rioters on the Kitty Hawk. Interesting times.

Actually, we have evolved relations very positively since then within the military. It is as close to a meritocracy as exists today, IMO.

This drivel takes it well beyond that, and in the opposite, reflexive direction.

Harvey

It is all about equal opportuntiy and mutual RESPECT for others. It is NOT (or should not be) about equal outcome.

Harvey

Every time we had one of those mandatory "Human Relations" classes, we had racial trouble in the unit. When I was a platoon sergeant at Fort Riley (1981), I told my section sergeants we were scheduled for one of these classes and I wanted them to be extra vigilant to any racial problems. Staff Sergeant Mack, who happened to be black, was one of my section sergeants and he made a profound comment that I've never forgotten. SSG Mack said, "These classes do nothing but bring out the evil in us all."

Archived