SASS Wire Forum

How about starting a new forum for vendors?

Cheyenne Culpepper 32827

Title says it all, this has been brought up before, but....

a forum where vendors could hawk their wares, many folk have gone cowboy full time, why not help support them with a forum?

pb

"The SASS Wire is for NON-COMMERCIAL POSTINGS ONLY."

http://sassnet.com/forums/index.php?app=forums&module=extras&section=boardrules

I think the original poster knows this. He's asking about a whole new forum group dedicated specifically to the full-time commercial business that serves the needs/wants/desires of the SASS/CAS community.

Did I get it right Cheyenne?

EC

I think that would be great CC.

Title says it all, this has been brought up before, but....

a forum where vendors could hawk their wares, many folk have gone cowboy full time, why not help support them with a forum?

pb

I think it would be a grate service to those who support this game in their business, and for those who support this game by participating.

If there can't be a separate forum there should at least be a sticky at the top of the Classified that allows folks to list vendors and

website information for the commercial folks.

They have just as much vested interest in the success of this game as anyone else . . .

SC

Hi Eamon,

I know and he knows I know. ;)

Who will pay for the additional bandwidth? Who will ensure that the commercial sellers have proper licenses and collect sales tax? Also, who will be held responsible for ensuring that items discussed on the following site are handled appropriately?

http://business.ftc.gov/documents/bus28-advertising-and-marketing-internet-rules-road

What would SASS's liability be for legal infractions. I think they would have to get legal advice before this could happen. There is a cost without benefit to the Corporation.

I doubt that SASS wants to take this on. For it to happen, the Guideline I quoted would have to be changed first.

Regards,

Allie Mo

PS If you want to support affiliated vendors with online purchases, look here. http://www.sassnet.com/Affiliated-Merchants-001A.php

I think it would be a grate service to those who support this game in their business, and for those who support this game by participating.

If there can't be a separate forum there should at least be a sticky at the top of the Classified that allows folks to list vendors and

website information for the commercial folks.

They have just as much vested interest in the success of this game as anyone else . . .

SC

I will post the link in my previous post in the Classifieds.

a phrase comes to mind, "where there's a will, there's a way."

perhaps a bullet proof disclaimer could be declared.

Cost, more happy members of SASS, happy vendors that could stay in business longer, perhaps a win-win situation.

we all want more vendors at shoots, big shoots charge them to hawk their wares there, more would show up if they were in the red instead of the black.

perhaps it ought to be considered.

I bet some of the atty's in SASS might be able to work of the liability part.

maybe not, but something should be done to help out the vendors.

pb

Allie Mo

PS If you want to support affiliated vendors with online purchases, look here. http://www.sassnet.com/Affiliated-Merchants-001A.php

Some of us have repeatedly submitted the form to become an affiliated vendor, but never hear from the person in charge of it! :( We are SASS members in good standing and don't understand what the hold up is.....

yadda some other stuff.....

Regards,

Allie Mo

I went to that page....I did not know it was there. In looking at it though I think 2 columns should be added.....email address and website if the vendor has them....and yeah I know someone would have to add the info. It'd be up to the vendors to provide the info. It would be pretty obvious who did not provide the info. Email address are pretty much free and not every vendor has a website....but in this electronic world it sure would be good information to have without incurring a long distance phone call.

Kajun

Hi Eamon,

I know and he knows I know. ;)

Who will pay for the additional bandwidth? Who will ensure that the commercial sellers have proper licenses and collect sales tax? Also, who will be held responsible for ensuring that items discussed on the following site are handled appropriately?

http://business.ftc.gov/documents/bus28-advertising-and-marketing-internet-rules-road

What would SASS's liability be for legal infractions. I think they would have to get legal advice before this could happen. There is a cost without benefit to the Corporation.

I doubt that SASS wants to take this on. For it to happen, the Guideline I quoted would have to be changed first.

Regards,

Allie Mo

That's why God invented lawyers...........and I'll bet a few of them ,who dress up in Old West garb a few weekends a year, would willingly pitch in w/disclaimer, confidentiality agreement,business law, and general commerce advice. Go trolling on the SASS Wire to see what you get. Can't hurt.

Could be a boon for all involved.

Regards

CBO

CBO

maybe try contacting the Wild Bunch directly.

GG

Good idea. The WB and CEO make these decisions.

Some of us have repeatedly submitted the form to become an affiliated vendor, but never hear from the person in charge of it! :( We are SASS members in good standing and don't understand what the hold up is.....

Call the SASS Office. Numbers are on this site. http://www.sassnet.com/Contact-Us-001A.php

I went to that page....I did not know it was there. In looking at it though I think 2 columns should be added.....email address and website if the vendor has them....and yeah I know someone would have to add the info. It'd be up to the vendors to provide the info. It would be pretty obvious who did not provide the info. Email address are pretty much free and not every vendor has a website....but in this electronic world it sure would be good information to have without incurring a long distance phone call.

Kajun

Contact the SASS Office. http://www.sassnet.com/Contact-Us-001A.php

On the surface, sure, it sounds like a great idea. Another way for those vendors who support our sport to hawk their wares.

If you could get by with a bulletproof disclaimer, how would you control who could post in the forum? Certainly you could require more of a process than simply creating a user account, but then someone has to administrate that process. If you don't require additional vetting of commercial posters then anyone who wanted to create a user account could post heaven only knows what. Then who would ride herd to filter out the non-applicable postings?

Nothing insurmountable by any means, but much more to consider than just creating another sub forum.

On the surface, sure, it sounds like a great idea. Another way for those vendors who support our sport to hawk their wares.

If you could get by with a bulletproof disclaimer, how would you control who could post in the forum? Certainly you could require more of a process than simply creating a user account, but then someone has to administrate that process. If you don't require additional vetting of commercial posters then anyone who wanted to create a user account could post heaven only knows what. Then who would ride herd to filter out the non-applicable postings?

Nothing insurmountable by any means, but much more to consider than just creating another sub forum.

Good points Grizz. The SASS Links folks have to advertise in the CC, I think. Good Luck :)

http://www.sassnet.com/Links-Main-001A.php

Jefro :ph34r: Relax-Enjoy

The list would need to be current. Who is going to take the time to insure accuracy.

For example the two listed for Alaska are not current. Lonestar has been out of

business for several years. The contact for Mt. View Sports has not been there

for a couple of years and infact doesn't even live in Alaska anymore.

Marshal Stone

I too, agree. I've been to several state shoots and it's noticeable how the number of vendors at this level of shoot have declined. You hear about all of the hardships we all deal with in costs, travel, ammo, etc., but the vendors incur even more.

As Colt said, do those that advertise in the CC have to sign a disclaimer. Work out a deal where vendors can sell their wares on the wire if they adv in the CC....seems like a nice way to get more advertisers in the CC and also a way for the vendors to make a few more bucks.

Just my too scents. KK

I would vote thumbs down on this idea.

There's too much "vendor" influence in SASS right now, in my opinion. You can see that in the changes in the rules over time.

Many other forums allow this type of things.

The more successful allow "forum sponsors" to have their own sub forum

They usually post about "Specials" and answer questions.

Who will pay for the additional bandwidth? ( not a true reality in todays web market if you have a good providor, but the forum sponsor would cover this )

Who will ensure that the commercial sellers have proper licenses and collect sales tax? Why would you care.

Also, who will be held responsible for ensuring that items discussed on the following site are handled appropriately? ( this is more tricky. Moderators are volunteers and I dont want to over work them.

but you could leave it to the sponsor to monitor their own sub forum but with NO edit capabilities. If they see something, they contact real moderator.

The real moderator can then look and edit if needed. This way sponsors cant just delete negative responces.

What would SASS's liability be for legal infractions.No more than all the other forums. Witch is probably nothing.

I doubt that SASS wants to take this on. Then maybe one of the other good cowboy sites will

It would indeed be nice to have a section where Vendors could Hawk and Talk their wares... but this would not only cut into advertising in the Chronicle, but would actually add to the expense of maintaining the SASS Web Page. I would be totally surprised if it ever happens. I am a member of another forum which is dedicated to another of my interest. It does have a section for vendors and it is a very nice addition. You can go to that vendors section and ask them direct questions about their products. In their case, there is no loss to advertising space because they have no published News Letter. Operational funds for the web site come from the members and from monthly raffles. The raffle prizes are usually donated by the Vendors. It seems to work very well. I am aware that there would have to be some changes made in order for it to work here. I know that the vast majority of folks would not agree... but I have long believed that this web site should not only be for members only to post, but should collect a SMALL operational fee from members. (JMO! It ain't gonna happen)

Snakebite

Having been on the RO Committee I can truthfully say that the ROC did NOT consider vendors ideas for clothing. yes, we did look at some firearm requests, (The Henry Big Boy was a voted item,) The WB had their say in vendor wants.

Cost and advertising loss? that could be easily handled with the ideas discussed by others already.

BTW, I'm more of an idea type, I am in NO way a techie....

Posted · Hidden by Allie Mo, SASS No. 25217, November 1, 2013 - Just an insult adds nothing.
Hidden by Allie Mo, SASS No. 25217, November 1, 2013 - Just an insult adds nothing.

I would vote thumbs down on this idea.

There's too much "vendor" influence in SASS right now, in my opinion. You can see that in the changes in the rules over time.

Tell us the last shoot you were a participant in, when you saw this. <_<

BTW- That statement of yours, is total HOGWASH :excl:

LG

Posted · Hidden by Allie Mo, SASS No. 25217, November 1, 2013 - Refers to hidden post.
Hidden by Allie Mo, SASS No. 25217, November 1, 2013 - Refers to hidden post.

You know what? There is abslolutely no excuse for that! Disagree fine! We all talk about what a fine group of folk cowboy shooters are, it should apply here as well!!!

pb

Having been on the RO Committee I can truthfully say that the ROC did NOT consider vendors ideas for clothing. yes, we did look at some firearm requests, (The Henry Big Boy was a voted item,) The WB had their say in vendor wants.

Cost and advertising loss? that could be easily handled with the ideas discussed by others already.

BTW, I'm more of an idea type, I am in NO way a techie....

Ah, so you are the brains behind the gubment healthcare website :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hi Folks,

I just received a message that something on one of the Vendor pages (see the Classifieds where I pinned them) was incorrect.

The Moderators do not maintain those or any sites in a technical manner. We just check that posts conform to the guidelines and take appropriate action.

We are unpaid volunteers. You need to contact the SASS Office to have items like that updated.

Thanks for initiating a correction! I just want to point you in the correct direction.

Regards,

Allie Mo

Ah, so you are the brains behind the gubment healthcare website :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'll tell yu wut! I ave navur bin soo ensultid en my hole laf! Gud than I noze yuze iz kiddun!!!

an, Ize dunt git mad, Ize gits evun!!!!

pb

Archived