SASS Wire Forum

Henry Repeating Arms opening facility in Wisconsin

Gunner Gatlin, SASS 10274L

Yeah, I have to admit that I got a bit carried away in the heat of the argument. My apologies to any and all that I have offended. As always, people can and should buy whatever they like.

My first specific objection to the Henry is that the company publicly claims a direct historical connection the the original Henry rifle that does not exist.

More to the point, I think the Big Boy is poorly suited to the sport of cowboy action shooting. In my years selling guns, when I have been asked which rifles are good for SASS I have always recommended one of the many other excellent rifles better suited to the game in an effort to keep people from having to buy another rifle later.

These are specific criticisms, which have been said many times and by many people on the SASS wire before.

Again, Henry is free to make what they like and folks are free to buy what they like. I am also free to tell people that they can do a lot better than buying a Henry for SASS shooting. After all, its a free country.

Yes...it is a free country....though nobody here said that the HBB is particular good for fastest SASS shootin' either...some SASS folks are fine with their HBB so that is good too...especially if they are shooting clean :D

GG

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Folks,

"Closing a Topic: Procedural SASS Wire Moderators have the authority to Close Topics and are directed to do so when the message: • Is beating a dead horse; • Is instigating in nature; • Contains good and valuable information but is heading in a non-productive direction."

This probably should have been done earlier. Mea culpa for not reading it all more carefully earlier.

Regards,

Allie Mo

Archived