SASS Wire Forum

Henry Repeating Arms opening facility in Wisconsin

Gunner Gatlin, SASS 10274L

As I stated earlier in another thread about the 1860. "I shoot with a cowboy who makes them in the new Henry factory". I didn't know but am pleased. He works in the Rice Lake plant. I could care less what they're making but do like the new Henry 1860 and will probably buy one. Rice Lake is about 40 miles North of me and although I am retired I feel any new business, especially a "gun manufacturer" is wonderful. I read the wire almost every day and am amused that no matter what is addressed, some people complain. I think they're not shooters, sportsmen, collectors or anything. I think they are for the most part lonely pathetic souls that for one reason or another comment just to be a part of something bigger than their miserable selves.

Congrats to Wisconsin for supporting a gun manufacturer ~ right on.

GG ~ :FlagAm:

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If for no other reason than it upsets anti-gunners, I applaud Henry's expansion.

I also really like my Henry Golden Boy. So do my granddaughters.

"Henry Repeating Arms dates back to 1860 when Benjamin Tyler Henry invented and patented a repeating rifle during the Civil War."

Damn lie. No connection to the original Henry rifle. Was no Henry Repeating Arms back then, Henry rifle was made by the New Haven Arms Co, partly owned by shirt manufacturer Oliver F. Winchester. And B.T. Henry did not invent it, only modified an existing design (although his mods did make the proverbial silk purse out of a sow's ear).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Henry_rifle

Unlike some of y'all, I read the article. Nowhere is this little quote attributed to anyone at Henry Repeating Arms. It is a comment by the reporter, who should have done better research.

Not fair dissing Henry for something a lousy reporter did.

LOL....uh yeah...That's a great comparison. :wacko:

GG

I thought it was right on. After all, the fact that people buy both Justin Beiber and Henry rifles is proof that some folks just can't tell the difference between shinola and that other stuff.

I thought it was right on. After all, the fact that people buy both Justin Beiber and Henry rifles is proof that some folks just can't tell the difference between shinola and that other stuff.

l

If that's how ya think.... :wacko:

GG

Unlike some of y'all, I read the article. Nowhere is this little quote attributed to anyone at Henry Repeating Arms. It is a comment by the reporter, who should have done better research.

Not fair dissing Henry for something a lousy reporter did.

Yeah, it's not fair to diss Henry for what some dumb reporter says.... But it is fair to call Henry a pack of liars for what they put on their website, where they have a whole page about their company "history" where they talk about the role of "their" guns in the Civil War. But then again, maybe that is where the poor reporter got the bad information in the first place.

Yeah, it's not fair to diss Henry bfor what some dumb reporter says.... But it is fair to call Henry a pack of liars for what they put on their website, where they have a whole page about their company "history" where talk about the role of "their" guns in the Civil War. But then again, maybe that is where the poor reporter got the bad information in the first place.

Yawn...call the owner and whine to him. ;)

GG

Ha! Like they care or would listen. They know that they are liars, they make money by being liars. Talking to them would be a waste of time. It's much more productive to convince folks not to buy their crummy "big boy."

Ha! Like they care or would listen. They know that they are liars, they make money by being liars. Talking to them would be a waste of time. It's much more productive to convince folks not to buy their crummy "big boy."

That's what I thought...guess what...your battle against Henry will lose...they will continue to sell their quality products to consumers while you remain a bitter bystander...

Happy trails fella ;)

GG

Yeah bitter old me, forced to go through life without a Henry big boy...how will I ever survive?

:wacko:

Who said anything about you owning or not owning a Big Boy.

GG

The Big Boy is a QUALITY rifle .

It is just not suited for our sport .

Being But Hurt over (They Lied ) is just plain dumb.

If you dont like them dont buy them.

Just quit winning about it .

The Big Boy is a QUALITY rifle .

It is just not suited for our sport .

Being But Hurt over (They Lied ) is just plain dumb.

If you dont like them dont buy them.

Just quit winning about it .

Yup - choice is a wonderful thing... :D

too funny ...I simply posted news about another firearm manufacturer opening another facility in Wisconsin - good news indeed!. Thought it was great for them and for Wisconsin AND for the firearms community as a whole. As usual some nay-saying folks who have petty issues with the company, including one who claims issues with his 22's but didn't even bother to contact the company about 'em (??), had to moan and groan about something...even one who says " It's much more productive to convince folks not to buy their crummy "big boy." They seem to act like anti-gunners who would be happy for the company to shutter and not exist. What an interesting observance and direction on this thread :rolleyes:

Opinions are just that, opinions. There is no right or wrong opinion.

I am not troubled by those who are supportive of this company and their products and those people are free to voice their opinions. I am bothered by those who feel the need to try to suppress the opinions of those who are critical of the company and some of their products, and feel compelled to respond to every single critical post. Name calling, characterizing differing opinions as whining, and comments such as "whaaa whaaaa" aren't going to make any points with anyone.

Opinions are just that, opinions. There is no right or wrong opinion.

I am not troubled by those who are supportive of this company and their products and those people are free to voice their opinions. I am bothered by those who feel the need to try to suppress the opinions of those who are critical of the company and some of their products, and feel compelled to respond to every single critical post. Name calling, characterizing differing opinions as whining, and comments such as "whaaa whaaaa" aren't going to make any points with anyone.

:rolleyes:

Not suppressing anything - just sad to see people 1) want to be critical of a company and their products if they had a problem but did nothing to contact the company to resolve it.. and 2) actually go out and discourage people form buying their product because of petty reasoning.

...rarely do people's minds change over internet bantor anyway ;)

They have a very talented gunsmith working for them that is also a fairly new SASS shooter. He is working on the rifles in Rice Lake and is now starting to shoot with a Big Boy. His intention is to figure out what to do to make the BB perform. Improvement from Henry, for SASS shooters, is in the works.

Now this would be great indeed ....good luck to 'em..

It's a shame Remington hasn't done that for Marlin rifles.... ;(

Not for the N.J. employees.

They are still keeping the N.J. facility...just opening another facility in Wisconsin to increase capacity for the 30-30 and 45-70 rifles...

Check it out your self .

http://henryrepeating.com/henry-tv.cfm

As I stated earlier in another thread about the 1860. "I shoot with a cowboy who makes them in the new Henry factory". I didn't know but am pleased. He works in the Rice Lake plant. I could care less what they're making but do like the new Henry 1860 and will probably buy one. Rice Lake is about 40 miles North of me and although I am retired I feel any new business, especially a "gun manufacturer" is wonderful. I read the wire almost every day and am amused that no matter what is addressed, some people complain. I think they're not shooters, sportsmen, collectors or anything. I think they are for the most part lonely pathetic souls that for one reason or another comment just to be a part of something bigger than their miserable selves.

The coolest thing about the wire is the free psychological evaluations you can get.

Howdy Again

I am curious who the cowboy shooter is who is featured in a couple of the videos knocking down steel plates?

My congratulations to ANY company expanding in this economy and especially so to a firearms manufacturer. Like their products/advertising history or not, we should applaud them for their success.

Wyatt

While I like my .22 Henry, I won't try to change your opinion. I just wanted to point out that I think they would listen if you contacted them. Before I bought my Henry, I asked a simple question through their contact page, and it was the president that replied to me, including offering me his number if I wanted to talk about it. They may not make a rifle suited for our sport, but they do respond to customers

It is true that HRAC jumped the gun, and advertised the BB as being SASS legal before that decision was actually rendered. I also did not like their advertising, as I thought it was disingenuous. However, the assertion that HRAC "bought" their way to being officially "legal" for SASS use is categorically false, and only goes to show if you tell a lie long enough it becomes accepted - or at least repeated fact. HRAC has long been a active supporter of SASS, and the reason their rifle was made legal was it met the guidelines for a SASS legal rifle.

It should be pointed out that others have "assumed" things were SASS legal, only to have that assumption judged premature. Happens....

I find a great deal of irony in me defending HRAC, but fair play is fair play.

My congratulations to ANY company expanding in this economy and especially so to a firearms manufacturer. Like their products/advertising history or not, we should applaud them for their success.

Wyatt

+1 An American company providing American jobs. Anyone who can't support that needs to look to their own deportment!

OK,

This is my Henry story and I'm sticking to it.

Ten years ago I bought a Henry Goldenboy for my Grandson's 7th birthday. Well I had a full buckhorn rear sight I wanted to replace the original with. So when I was putting it on the punch slipped and I put a ding in the forearm. STOOOOOPID me.

Anyway I called Henry and spoke with the Dad who was running the company at the time.

Bottom line is when I told him my sad story he sent me a new Forearm NO CHARGE.

Guess he just wanted to help out a dumb arsh. I will never say anything bad about that kind of company. I don't believe those that have not done business with them should either. IMHO

WJ

BTW, this is an unacceptable post. Please read the Guidelines. If you want to criticize a product, state specifics rather than slurs.

Allie,

its toooooo early to hit the sack on the left coast.

Heck, we still need to talk about Marlin/Remington; Ruger and Uberti, the new Winny '73, etc ..... :lol::lol::lol:

Plus, you need to get over this way, visit Anita and Jackalope, and bring your Marlin so that I can turn it into a Widder Thingy.

..........Widder

Allie,

its toooooo early to hit the sack on the left coast.

Heck, we still need to talk about Marlin/Remington; Ruger and Uberti, the new Winny '73, etc ..... :lol::lol::lol:

Plus, you need to get over this way, visit Anita and Jackalope, and bring your Marlin so that I can turn it into a Widder Thingy.

..........Widder

HHHMMM, I'm back. Very restless. Is it a full moon. I'd sure love to visit AM and JJ. Oh! Be still my heart about the Widder Thingy. ;)

Allie,

How long you had your Marlin and has anything ever been 'done' to it?

Right now, I'm shooting my own modification in a couple Marlin 1894's in .32 H&R mags.

The .32 is alittle different in setting up yet alittle easier also. The results are phenomenal.

Its nearly midnite here and I am about to hit the hay.

Gotta get up in the morning early and head up to East TN for a monthly.

As always, its been good talkin to you.

Cyber hug,

..........Widder

I'm sending you a PM.

BTW, this is an unacceptable post. Please read the Guidelines. If you want to criticize a product, state specifics rather than slurs.

Yeah, I have to admit that I got a bit carried away in the heat of the argument. My apologies to any and all that I have offended. As always, people can and should buy whatever they like.

My first specific objection to the Henry is that the company publicly claims a direct historical connection the the original Henry rifle that does not exist.

More to the point, I think the Big Boy is poorly suited to the sport of cowboy action shooting. In my years selling guns, when I have been asked which rifles are good for SASS I have always recommended one of the many other excellent rifles better suited to the game in an effort to keep people from having to buy another rifle later.

These are specific criticisms, which have been said many times and by many people on the SASS wire before.

Again, Henry is free to make what they like and folks are free to buy what they like. I am also free to tell people that they can do a lot better than buying a Henry for SASS shooting. After all, its a free country.

Archived