SASS Wire Forum

Banjo Players?

Come On Christmas

I play a Gold Tone openback CC-OT set up with Nylgut Strangs. Dang they never wear out. Kinda play guitar style or clawhammerish. Even Kieth Richards plays the guitar in G tuning less the low E string.

Love Tim Twiss and Old Cremona on You Tube. and Clawhammer stuff.

I am Jonesing for an Appalachian Banjo this cat sets up with Fishing Line. Puts a Gourd or Tackhead Banjo to shameE. Only $200

Eventually I will own another Bluegrass Jo. Steel strings did not exist till the first time we went across the pond to kill the Hun.

Whadya play?

Crayfish

Radio,DVD and play like I am asleep when Cathy holler for me to do something.

Mainly I'm a guitar picker (hence my alias), but I play a long-necked, open back Ode I had made in 1965. It's set up for frailing and has a 5th string capo and a geared 5th string tuning peg. Good banjo, I should play it more than I do. -- GIT

Gibson Epiphone, and working toward a Deering Sierra or other Deering banjo as a reward for learning to play well. The Deering factory is right down the road. Quite a showroom.

What's the definition of perfect pitch?
It's when you can throw an accordion or banjo into a dumpster and
not hit the sides.

Man walks into a pawn shop in the middle of the big city. He spies a large stuffed rat on one of the shelves and thinks it will be just the thing for his knick knack shelf. So he buys it.

He walks out the door of the pawn shop and notices a rat is following him as he walks down the street. As he turns a corner he notices there are two rats now. A block later there are three.

He walks through the entire city, turning every which way, with more and more rats following along behind him. Finally he walks down to the banks of the river and throws the stuffed rat far out into the stream. Every rat in town jumps into the river and drowns.

The man walks back to the pawn shop, goes in, and asks the owner "Do you have any banjos?"

I play an OME 5 string I bought back in 1977. I play Bluegrass mostly - never got the hang of clawhammer.

GrizzlyAdams.jpg

I also have a long neck folk style Gibson RB75. Played it a lot back in the 60's when the Kingston Trio was big.

Yeh.Grizz Adams & his group gave us a heck of a show at Outlaw Trail.How'd ya do in Santa Fe? Grizz. Largo

Thanks, Largo. Had a great time at Outlaw Trail! Ain't no finer folks to play for than SASS folks. :)

We did well in Santa Fe, and got a spot on the main stage for the Festival.

Archived