SASS Wire Forum

Firearm Cleaners and Lubes.

:FlagAm: I am looking for any information, experiences, likes and dislikes of the following products. Eezox, Frog Lube and Italian Gun Grease. Eezox appears to be solvent based and I have been told Frog lube is a paraffin based product. Although we own and shoot firearms using smokeless powder, our CASS firearms are fed a solid diet of real BP.

Thank you for any information you can share.

Regards,

Chas B. Wolfson

Chas:

Did you see John Boy's Eezox rust prevention experiment?

http://www.theopenrange.net/forum/index.php?topic=5457.0;highlight=eezox

--Dawg

I've found Eezox to be the only product for lubing that leaves a thin dry coating that doesn't gum or pick up 'crude' like other lubes do, primarily lanolin based ones...

I've tried many ... counted 17 different cleaner/lubes in the cabinet one day -

I'm working on my 5th quart of Eezox now. Next purchase is going to be the gallon jug of it ^_^

Italian Gun Grease is pretty new on the market. Veteran owned, operated, and located out of middle Tennessee. They have also been sponsoring a lot of Cowboy stuff in our area including the TN State match.

I won some of their product and gave it to my wife for her use as she shoots mainly smokeless. She is now one of their biggest fans.

She likes their carbon eliminator. Makes quick work of any carbon build up that you may have.

But it is their Advanced Lubricant and Protectant that she is a real fan of. She has mentioned time and time again how her guns are just not building up the deposits like they used to. She has also mentioned that her guns are easier to clean (ie takes less time).

It may also be important to note that she also probably cleans her guns more often than most SASS Shooters.

I have seen where they also now have a Black Powder Lubricant, although I have not tried it yet. Their carbon eliminator is water based.

http://italiangungrease.com/component/virtuemart/lubricants2013-05-09-00-33-37/black-powder-performance-pack-detail?Itemid=0

I use their red grease on my 1911 and have enjoyed the results.

Chas,

Enjoyed shooting with you and your wife at Wartrace. We Soot Lords kept the posse entertained!

+++ on Eezox. A quart cost me $43 on eBay, whereas 18oz aerosol can was $30 at a local store. Use a atomizer pump sprayer and triple the usable amount of spray over the factory aerosol.

I patterned my 12 ga BP load last week. You were right about a donut pattern, though not too bad. Changed by adding 5 gr of 2F, 1/8 oz lead and changed to a dry wad. Much better pattern.

Amarillo Rattler

Tip for a container for any low viscosity lube/cleaner - Can drip the liquid or squirt it

Edit: I hate being old ... the can is an empty Zippo Lighter Fluid can

Have used EEZOx for years and have found it to be the most reasonable and efficient product for firearms care. Did some checking on Froglube and found ingredients almost identical to T/C's bore butter which is an excellent lube/cleaner for black powder. Bore butter is much less expensive than frog lube.

Archived