SASS Wire Forum

Funny holsters

Red Cent

Thanks pard.

I have always looked for a speed rig that allowed access to the trigger guard, especially for the weak hand transfer. And the natural sight track lends to minimal leather. Cut down front seals the deal. A touch of tension and ears to fold out that makes a big hole to hit when reholstering. Works for me.

Thank you, Paladin.

Just so you dont get tha big head with all these positive post, your wife said get outa tha workshop an pressure wash tha deck in those pics an also put some water seal on it! LOL

RRR

Sorry I can not see them Red, I am up in the north country right now and the puters do not take well to loading pikchures and such (how did these guys ever win the big one?). You can bet I will find those links when/if I ever get back to the sunny South again. Oh, be sure and redo the photos when you have a big old trophy to drape them new holsters over.

PS: Dawnt pay to much attention to RRR, he is cranky cause he hasnt got to practice any agin this year!

• 2 weeks later...

Red, looks great pardner. I have an early Davis 1911 competition rig/holster in my small collection that is almost a dead ringer for yours. He used a welt at the main-seam but otherwise yours looks as purty as the old masters, well done. You would be surprised at how many holster patterns made for the SAA and 1911 actually swap pretty well with just a bit of wet fitting.

Archived